55g SHARK TANK!!

emperor11

Originally Posted by fishieness
..... you were looking to spend 1300 bucks on a fish, but dont have an RO unit? lol
i think your fine for fish numbr and selection, but that is just me.
looking good!
Yeah...I know. I need to buy one, NOW. And, thank you.

emperor11

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
maybe you should clean the glass on the inside with an magna-float
Well, I leave the back glass, but I do need to do the sides and front one of these days. I also need a lawnmower blenny or something to help me with my hair algae on the rocks, until I get an RO unit.

emperor11

Originally Posted by treybom
what happened to ur hippo?
I traded him in when I moved the tank. The little bugger killed my x-mas tree worms!!

emperor11

Originally Posted by treybom
no offense.. but can we get a bigger full tank shot?
No offense taken (why would i be offended)!! But, I'm at my dad's house right now, and the tank is at my mom's, so I'll check my photobucket account, and see if I have any other full tank shots. Okie dokie?

emperor11

Darn, I don't have any full tank shots on photobucket besides that one. I'll be sure to take one on Sunday.

hapshot

I have a yellow tang in my 55 gallon tank along with my niger, sfe, some sort of wrasse and a blue yellow damsel. The tang stands out incredibly especially under my PCs and really brings out nice contrast to my other fish. A yellow tang would also keep down your hair algae better than a lawnmower blenny. A tang would wipe all your hair algae in a week or so and it would never gow back.

emperor11

Originally Posted by Hapshot
I have a yellow tang in my 55 gallon tank along with my niger, sfe, some sort of wrasse and a blue yellow damsel. The tang stands out incredibly especially under my PCs and really brings out nice contrast to my other fish. A yellow tang would also keep down your hair algae better than a lawnmower blenny. A tang would wipe all your hair algae in a week or so and it would never gow back.
I've kept both, and have found the lawnmower to work MUCH better. Maybe it was just mine though? But, anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

hapshot

My Yellow tang goes crazy when I put the algae stips in for him. Even my Niger eats it too along with all my other fish. haha.
Hair algae wouldn't last a second in my tank.

hapshot

I get all my RO water from the glacier machine at Publix. Then I add all the stuff to it and poof, you have good, clean water.

emperor11

Originally Posted by Hapshot
I get all my RO water from the glacier machine at Publix. Then I add all the stuff to it and poof, you have good, clean water.
I should do that...I'll just get my water from Meijer or Walmart or whatever. Here in Michigan, we dont have Publix stores, but I WISH we did!! My grandparents live in Fort Myers, and there's like 3 within 10 miles. ANd, they're so well kept!

hapshot

Yeah they really are. I worked there for a summer job to get some money before school started again and it was a nice one. But the water in the glacier machine is really good quality and you can get like a gallon for 30 cents. Not that bad imo.