6 FT METAL HALIDE Hood in TN for sale

P

pet lover

:notsure: :thinking:
I am thinking of selling my Metal Halide Custom Sealife (Black) Hood, IT has THREE NEW 175w 10K Bulbs just put in 2 weeks ago. Also has 2 blue actinic strips the length of the hood.
Has 3 ballasts and 2 fans. Only 1 fan works at this time. Was that way when I got it and have not tried to fix it or replace
it yet. The way it is setup I can't really use that fan anyway, it is almost against the wall. I have it hung from the cieling on small black chains but it can be put on racks for shelves also.
The Bulbs are BEAUTIFUL !!!! The water shines like diamonds....... This unit costs about $1250.00 new.
I was changing my tank to a reef system and bought it and
a few pieces of coral and some anemonees but decided to stay with a FOWLR and not pursue the reef setup. I don't have the time to keep up with all the addititves and things that the reef
needs to make it flourish and keep it beautiful. It would not be fair to the coral and larger anemonees that I wanted to put in it.
I thought the light was the most important thing.
While it is VERY important, there is deffinatley more to it than I thought.
I am asking for $750.00 OBO within reason.
I will also consider less money and trade for new or slightly used power compacts w/moon lights for a 125gallon.
This is a very nice hood!
If interested this is PICK UP only. I just paid $185.00 for new bulbs and do not want to ship.
The lights make the water glitter like diamonds, BEAUTIFUL !
If interested please email me at animallover@frontiernet.net or respond to this.
THANK YOU for looking!
Have a great day, Caryn
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

P

pet lover

Do you have or are you getting a large tank ?
I noticed you have listed that you have a 10gal sw tank ......
Caryn
:happyfish

P

pet lover

avbryce1
I will try to have pictures by friday night. If you would like I could send them to you. I don't know how to post pictures on this board but think I can send to your email.
If you like the lights and decide you want them you can send me a deposit and I could hold them until you come this way.
There is another person interested in them on the reefcentral
site also but wants to see pictures so I will get the pictures as soon as I can. I am off tomorrow and can get some before the
lights come on and then after they come on also. They are on timers.
Have a good day,
Caryn :joy:

P

pet lover

The hood is aluminum covered with a corrosion-resistant black powder and can be placed directly on your tank. I have it hanging from the cieling with black chains. If put on the tank you would need to have your glass on it. The remote MH ballasts have 15' cables and the PC's have 12" cables. They both have quick disconnects and can be put on seperate timers.
I have pictures but don't know how to put on this site.
I can email them to anyone interested.
They pictures don't show the beauty of the water with the lights on because I just got this camera and still am trying to figure it out.
I can give you an idea about the hood and ballasts though.
email me at animallover@frontiernet.net
or post here.....
Thank you,
Caryn :happyfish
The lights make the water beautiful !!!:joy:

P

pet lover

Pictures sent.....
Anyone else ?
Let me know and I can send them to you.............
Thanks for looking!
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

P

pet lover

:confused:
Hey sailfin,
I sent 16 pictures and 10 came back ????
Any idea why ?
Is your box full ?
Caryn

sailfin

Originally posted by Pet Lover
:confused:
Hey sailfin,
I sent 16 pictures and 10 came back ????
Any idea why ?
Is your box full ?
Caryn

Probably...stupid MSN/Hotmail account. I got a lot of pics of the ballasts, but of the hood. Sorry..
:)

P

pet lover

sailfin
I will try again and check back latter. I will send the pictures and then I have to go to work so will check back this evening...
Caryn :D

P

pet lover

Originally posted by 1slapnuts
Please send me some pics. I already have MH but haven't put them in a canopy yet.

Hi,
May I have your email address to send them please.
Thank you,
Caryn