6-line leaving soon......help!

gharner

my little sixline wrasse has pretty much outgrown his 12 gallon home! already! i got him as a little 1 1/2 inch baby.....now he's getting larger and has grown almost an inch in about 2months! he is now about 2 1/2 inches long...maybe even a little bigger. is this quick growth normal???? im going to probably get rid of him in may. how can i capture him??? maybe a fish trap???? i will take him back to the lfs where i got him they accept any trade ins and i have a good relationship with the owner. he is very nice and would gladly find my 6-line a new home. (my wrasse isnt necesarily too big, but i want him to live comfortably in a larger tank where he can swim all over with lots of room :happyfish ). so how should i get him out when the time comes????????

seattle

The most it can grow is 3 inches and I am never taking mine away,atleast when it goes in the 125-gal I will
So you really don't need to get rid of it.Trust me I am keeping mine cause there is a bioload of bristleworms in my tank.

gharner

yeah.....i really like him and he'll prolly stay for a while longer. (im prolly gonna get another tank that i could put him in). i kinda wanna turn the tank into a carribean tank fish wise. eventually like a jawfish, royal gramma, and a neon goby. but that wont happen for a while.