6 Month Old Reef Tank

joojoo

Wow 20Ks really are super bluish, I was just debating what to try, 14 or 20. I think I'll start with 14 and see how I like it.

pco1988

Originally Posted by joojoo
Wow 20Ks really are super bluish, I was just debating what to try, 14 or 20. I think I'll start with 14 and see how I like it.
I am one of those people that love their 20K's and will never get rid of them. The colors the coral get are unbelieveable, and personally I think they look the best.
I would don't see myself ever getting 14K's, but I will never put on 10K's.
Philip

joojoo

Ya, 10K looks horrible, IMO. Well in the pics I've seen with 14k look best to me... but that's just pictures. I'm sure it's different in person, so I'll most likely be trying both.

pco1988

Ya, 10K looks horrible, IMO. Well in the pics I've seen with 14k look best to me... but that's just pictures. I'm sure it's different in person, so I'll most likely be trying both.
This whole hobby is about trying it out for yourself and doing what you like, IMO.
Good decision:
10's a really yellow light, very fast coral growth
14K's a yellow blue light, quicker coral growth
20K's nice super blue light, slow coral growth, great colors
Philip

pco1988

Really? I thought blue helped coral the most?
The intense light of the 10K's makes them grow faster, I don't know why but it does, I am sure someone on here knows this a lot better than I do.
But lets stop getting off track (I know I was too), and get back to the tank.
Philip