6 Month Old Tank Pictures

bluehippo3

This is my first time everdownloading pictures on thi sight . I hope you enjoy the pics.

Specs:
55 gallon tank
492w metal halide odyssea light fixture
65lbs of live rock
not sure how much sand?
blue hippo tang
yellow tang
red wrasse
diamond goby
pink/blue shrimp goby
orange starfish
tomato clowns mated pair
sccoter blenny
15 turbo snails
5 blueleg hermit crabs
and a few corals

W

winstew

how is that scooter belnny holding up? how long have you had him?

W

winstew

oh yea and stand by... you might get some critism on this one...........

fedukeford

nice!! one of the best newer tanks ive seen, but you deff. want to get the hippo tang out of there soon

bluehippo3

the scooter has done great. i have had him a little over 3 months now. he ats everything that the other cant find.

flpriest

Originally Posted by fedukeford
nice!! one of the best newer tanks ive seen, but you deff. want to get the hippo tang out of there soon
Why would he need to get the hippo tang out? Because of the size it will get? The reason I'm asking is, I'm getting one and my tank size is 75 gal. ***)
By he way bluhippo.. very nice looking tank!

bluehippo3

tangs are known to need ample room to swim. mant say 55 gallons is not enough. I have had no problems with my tangs in 55g.

puffer9006

how big is the hippo. my lfs has some baby ones and i may want to pic one up if your is doing fine which it looks like it is.
nice tank i really like the wrass

dad & son

i HAVE A 75 GALLON WITH A BLUE HIPPO HES DOIN GREAT. HE SEEMS TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME FOXFACE. HERES A PICTURE OF HIM. THE PICTURES KINDA BLURRY BUT YOU CAN SEE HIM. I ALSO HAVE A GREEN MANDRIN DRAGONETT. TO SEE MORE PICTURES OF MY TANK CLICK HERE

mopar9012

many people say hippos will need 6 feet of swimming room when full grown(and many of the tangs). i think some people keep them in smaller tanks than 6 feet but the get rid of them. that would be my guess of what they do with them.

lemonpeel2

Originally Posted by flpriest
Why would he need to get the hippo tang out? Because of the size it will get? The reason I'm asking is, I'm getting one and my tank size is 75 gal. ***)
By he way bluhippo.. very nice looking tank!

A hippo for a 75 gallon tank is perfectly fine with the right equipment. Just make sure he is the only tang in there.

bluehippo3

i am using a 492 watt odyssea light fixture.
2- 150watt metal halides (10000k)
2- 96watt actinic blues
6 - moonlight leds.
i bought the light fixture, when i bought the tanks and it has been a great investment.

puffer9006

do you have that outer orbit metal halide system. im getting that one and everyone thinks im crazy for spending that kind of money but seeing your tank i think its worth it