60 gallon system, stocklist question at the end

bpro32

Here is my system:
60 gallon tank (49x15x19) with about 60 lbs lr and 40 lbs ls in the display. I have a 17 gallon fuge with a 3" sb (not sure how many lbs) and chaeto and a 20 gallon sump with another 30 lbs lr. I plan on adding more rock to the display and adding some to the fuge as well, 30 lbs or so, probably more.
Filtration and Circulation:
600gph (at least) return with a koralia k1 and a mj 1200. In the sump I have an octopus nw 150 (that isn't working right currently, but all I need is an o-ring).
I am setting this up as a reef and I really want a kole tang. What ther fish can I add as tankmates?

bpro32

there are just so many choices I have no idea what else to put in with it. I was thinking a neon goby but I have no other ideas..
[edit] I was actually thinking about a falco hawk also, but beyond that I'm lost.
What does everybody else have in their 50-60 gallon reefs?

mcbdz

I would not add a mandrine. Some good ideas : clowns(pair), firefish, cardinals, gobies, sixline wrasse for a last fish, chromis, royal gramma.
just click on the fish link at the top lt and browse through there to see what you might like then when you put a list together come back and ask how they would work.
Pattie

bpro32

Originally Posted by mcbdz
http:///forum/post/2898169

I would not add a mandrine. Some good ideas : clowns(pair), firefish, cardinals, gobies, sixline wrasse for a last fish, chromis, royal gramma.
just click on the fish link at the top lt and browse through there to see what you might like then when you put a list together come back and ask how they would work.
Pattie

I will do that.
I think it's funny that I had a complete stocklist ready when this tank was going to be a fowlr but now that I am adding corals I have no idea what I want.

bpro32

ok here is what i see
Kole Tang
b&w heniochus butterfly
scooter or lawnmower blenny (still worried about them not eating)
small school of blue/green chromis
neon/orange stripe/yellow watchman goby
falco hawk
I want to keep a medium bio-load so I understand that I wont be having all of these fish.
What do you think would be a good combo? Can I keep a blenny and have it live on the pods that I have in there? Will a falco be ok with a goby?