70 gallon setup?

stacy

Today I picked up a 70 gallon tall tank. What I wish to do is transfer the fish, and LR from my 37, about 55lbs, and my corals from my 80. I'll probably add about another 20lbs LR or so. The tank is 24" high, 18" deep, and 36" long. I'll have about 6" DSB so actual depth will be about 18". I'm thinking that I'll setup 2 55 watt PC's with 2 X 175 watt MH. The PC's are 50/50 acintic, and the MH I'll use 10,000k bulbs. I'll have 2 maxijet 600 powerheads, heater, emperor 400 filter, and prism skimmer. Any opinions or suggestions on this setup. All the corals, and livestock that I currently have are in my sig.

susiepan

Sounds pretty good, but just be careful when you add any new rock, or sand, you tank is going to go through a mini cycle, I would wait till your readings are back to normal before adding any of the corals and such..they may not make it..
GL
~Susie

stacy

I'll still have the 37 setup to cure any new LR before adding that to the new tank. After I move the fish and LR from my 37 I will wait to make sure the water is fine before I move my corals.