70's prelude

rickster

In the early 1970's America was going through a schizophrenic transition in which a stew of authoritative rebellions were brewed with false accusations and resulted in a mutual environment of mistrust. The VietNam war seathed under every headline and the voices of that time tried to break boundaries. This is readily apparent in the music and the books, and dare I say it? the t.v....of that time.
Man was on the moon, maybe. Evil of the Hitler variety still needed mending on Earth and a very strange small experiment was about to change the Universe. The boys born in the sixties were relieved to know that the vietnam war was shrinking and that they might not have to die...or worse, live with unbearable memories. The girls of the seventies weren't much changed by a war. The boys would go off to fight wars and the girls would remain at home and raise the child, if lucky enough to have one. But for sure, the boys went off to fight and kill, and the girls did not. The REAL War on drugs reached its climax during this time and all of us that went through THAT war now either laugh at it, or take other drugs to help fix it.
In any case it was a turbulent time. it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

plum70rt

the 60s to 1970 made the best cars ever, climaxed by 1970, the horsepower wars were over, after that just a few, I wish I could go back and buy up a whole lot and have them all as new today:(

ryebread

I was thinking the same thing James.
It turns out though that they just squeaked by.......1979 Honda Prelude!!