70w sunpod question

grumpygils

Originally Posted by rtspeed
http:///forum/post/2853080
Is a 70w HQI sunpod enough lighting for a 29 gallon biocube?
You will not be happy. I tried it and had to put 130 W PCS with it. Finally ditched the whole deal and upgraded. IMO 70W will look dim and not grow the more light intensive corals. For me, the main thing was that it was not bright enough!
Mc

ive been planning to set up a 15g long and was looking into the 150 watt and getting a 14k phoenix bulb, apparently its supposed to be pretty sick, especially if i just throw it on top of my redsea

spyder78

I just ordered the 150w sunpod for my 30g cube. I got a lot of good reviews from people on that light. It arrives on Tuesday! I probably would agree with everyone else that if you get the 70w, you probably won't be satisfied. I found a great price on the 150, too!

grumpygils

Got to thinking about it. Must be a Viper he has if it is 100W, maybe he has a sunpod 150W, he will have to e-mail you.
Mc

subielover

I don't know of any halides that are 100 watts. Vipers and sunpods are both 70 and 150
I still appreciate it though

zanoshanox

I dunno what the attraction is to the phoenix bulbs...
I ordered 2 for my 65 and they were the worst bulb in the world... Such a blueish tint...Looked even colder than a 20k...like 22k or somethin...but not 14k..
(maybe i got some bad bulbs...) but I really disliked the color/intensity.