72" aqualight pro question

ablazinob

Hi I purchased a 72" aqualight pro light. I have a 125 gallon oceanic reef ready tank With the wooden canopy top. When the light has the legs on it the top will not fit does anyone know anyway that I can make this fit under the canopy top. I am going to also install extra fans in the canopy to move more air.
Thanks andrew

bobbyzat

I am not familiar with that light, but I will tell you what I did, and maybe you could alter it to suit your needs. If not, hers a bump. I have a 75 gallon tank with a canopy, and when I upgraded my lights, my new halides 2x250 did not fit inside the canopy with enough room to let me open it. They barely rested above the eggcrate, and were way to close to the water. Since anything I do to my tank muct first be approved by my wife, since its in the living room, she will not approve anything that loks bad. I bought a second canopy identical to my first one, gutted it, and stacked them. I braced them together, and sealed the seam to prevent light escaping. The surfaces are not a perfect mate, but once I sealed the gap, you have to look for it to notice. This gave me plenty of clearance, and they match perfectly. It turned out to be much easier than getting a custom built canopy made that would match the stand perfectly. Hope this helps.