72 bow front metal halide diy finally

frogz

ok here we go i have looked at alot of ways to setup a metal halide system in the plastic hood from oceanic and its not gonna be hard.i got the fans installed today i will start the 1x4 frame for the lights tomorrow here is a pic of the fan setup i will keep this thread goin so anyone needing this info will have it more pics to follow

frogz

i used a 1x4 across the top of the hood this is were the reflectors and bulds will be attached , it is screwed to the center brace and at each end all screws are counter sunk here is a pic i should get the rest of my equipment next week then i will update again ,tell me your comments

frogz

by the way when i installed the 1x4 the hood got rigid it doesnt flex hardly at all , i know people were saying that it was way to flimsey but not anymore

unknown

I like it alot and am looking forward to the pics of the complete product and how it works!!
Good job so far

Vince.

frogz

hopefully i will have the rest of my stuff this week, waiting on tank to be drilled and lights to get here i will be using dual 250 watt 20k xm bulbs

frogz

well here is an update i got my tank today the rest of my equipment should be here this week tuesday or wednesday
cant wait to get the lights goin. till next time here is a pic of the tank

frogz

i am using the hood that came with the tank and the plastic covers that go on either side on the top . i am not using the glass covers that cover the actual tank is that what you need cause i still have them in the box never opened

frogz

its still up and running, i havent had any problems the only thing i dont like is the hood i have to take it off to clean
the tank and its a pain to take it off with all the equipment in it.
i am currently designing a wooden hood that will open from the front i will post pics when i get started building.

unknown

Still waiting for some full tank shots of what it looks like now. Ya got any yet.
Looks good I like the plumbing also.
Vince.:happyfish

frogz

its a berlin sump i will take some pics tomorrow and post them
it does need more room underneth

hagfish

frogz, have you started on that new hood that opens from the front yet? I'm getting ready to make a hood for a 72 bowfront and I'm looking for some ideas.