72 to 120

oyam1

going from a 72 (1 year old) to a 120.
anything special to do when moving contents of 72 to the new 120?

piggy

hello oyam i asked about the same Q going from a 55 to a 130 if i get any info will pass it if you wouldnt mide doing the same:)

stuckinfla

Looks like the move went smoothly. Nice looking set up. I just went from 55 to 180 although 55 is still set up:rolleyes:

oyam1

wish i was back home in FLA.
this tank gives me a bit of sun in Minnesota.
have you posted any photos of the 180?

stuckinfla

Somewhere around here. Its only in its 2nd month, and I started from scratch. The only thing in there from the 55 is a cpl of corals and a pajama cardinal. 55 is still set up, dont realy know what Im going to do yet.:notsure:

ordsway

oyam, see you have a blue tang in there, how is he with the corals, i have a 240 and love dory but heard they nibble alot?

tony detroit

If you move tanks, try getting everything out without disturbing the sand bed. Throw out what sand you have, and use all new in your new tank, and seed with just a bit from your old tank.
Let me know how that DSB smells when you take it out. Your house will smell like a porta-pottie. I really don't like DSB's. They fester waste and pollute your water IMO.
DSB's are great for growing algae though

oyam1

ORDSWAY
hippos are reef safe.....
i got a big one 6"+, small ones seem to be ICH magnets.
very cool fish with big blue color splash for your tank GO4IT!
PS cleaner shrimp help....
TONY
my sand was only one year old. did not smell bad, i got about 60lbs of old sand and added 60lbs of new stuff. i did wash the old sand in the old water and got lots of black run-off in the tub.
going on 4 weeks now and all is well (i need wood to knock on):yes: :yes:

T

thomas712

I've read more than one thread about people passing out while removing a DSB. I don't ever look foreward to removing my remote DSB in the fuge.
LOL - Tony you sound like Jlem, even me when I first got here on this site.

PS. I'm begining to agree with you on the Oceanic issue, but IO has burned me to many times.
Thomas

T

thomas712

oyam1 - definatly like the new tank, hope things go smooth for you.
Thomas