720 Gallon Project Update part Two

blane perun

720 Gallon Project Update part Two
This is part of a series covering the trials and tribulations of the home coral farm.
My last post talking about a few of the details of the climate control system, and the Polyboard wall covering. I wrapped up with speaking about the individual grow tanks, and the species I planned to cultivate in each of the tubs.
Some new gear came in today and I wanted to post and update prior to the work ahead of me. Since the last post all of the tubs are full. Below list my breakdown of the individual
Systems.
Quarantine
SPS
Leather
Gorg & sponge
Disco & LPS
Palythoa & Zoanthus
This is a shot of the left side of the room when you walk in the door. I just snapped the shot just 20 minutes ago. My lighting cycle will run with the day, but for the purpose of illuminating the room I switched two of the light I have installed on.

And here is a shot of those same four tanks from the opposite side of the room.

This is the opposite side of the room from the same side, these two tubs you are looking at are the sponge, and quarantine systems.

The light is currently hanging above Zoanthus, but this will be a tank dedicated for Discosoma and LPS. The tank has a 8 in deep sand bed, and I am currently having
Shelves built to hold the plugs I grow on. Once the tank was up and running I
Chose my Purple Tang to help break things in. Much of the live sand from a previous display was ported to this tank, so things were not so rocky. Zoanthus being a favorite
I started making road trips about a month ago looking for some new color morphs. Here are some recent additions.

Many of the polyps were closed when I switched the lights on but I’ll be sure to post some updated photos in weeks to come.

Each system contains a 350 watt heater, as a back up to the gas heat already keeping the room at a constant temp of 78. In addition I have purchases a Hot Magnum for each tank to run the water through carbon, or hold any type of absorbing material for problems that may arise down the road. I chose the magnum because it seemed to offer the most bang for the buck and occupied the least space.
The powerquad PC came with some great mounting hardware. Vinyl coated steel strand adjustable sleeves, and eye hooks. After mounting the fixture I really liked the look. I went to Home Depot and purchased some coated steel strand (I was only able to find green though) and some adjustable catches. I took apart a dual strip light and drilled the fixture for the steel strand and mounted it as best I could to match the PC fixture. If anyone out there knows where I can get black steel strand please email me.

I chose recessed lighting throughout the area for a less obtrusive look, and to also serve as a place to mount ballast out of the way of water, and eyes. This recessed shelf serves
That funstion.

ryebread

Everything looks very nice and you are well on your way to some great propagation tanks.........Just one question.
Is this leading up to some sort of sales pitch??

blane perun

Not really
I use to propagate from my 450 display and sold via the Internet for about a year. I had since tore the display down to move on to something larger. My efforts will be geared towards propagation in hopes of learning and expanding my trade network of people I Meet on the boards. I will eventually sell propagated pieces again at some point I’m sure, but my first choice will be to trade for species I don’t have or are more exotic than the ones I will be keeping.

M

mr hanky

do you have any polyps your ready to trade now? i have a few blood red ones i would trade for specific colors. mr hanky
email me if you want to talk about it.

blane perun

I will in about a month I think. Could you keep me in mind to
Trade with. I have some blood Red with brown tentacles and
Blood Red with green tentacles. Could you describe the ones you
Have.
I am in search of yellow, I had three once and sold two. I thought
Saving one would be enough to get going again. When I began
Making the move things were crazy and I lost the guy.