75 Gal Project

sapper577

I have used it. It does not create the bond I expected, but it could have been what kind I used. It was the green two part tube you cut and mixed together by hand. I can't remember. The brand right off the top of my head. many on here have used it and probably know a better kind. All it did for me was create a stable, "foot" to keep the rocks in place. Is your new powerhead causing your live rock to shake and roll with the current ??

dmcdonald

Ya, the new power head was right next to the stack of rocks on the left of the tank. I've began rebuilding areas here and there to make a more stable tank before I introduce any other livestock.
I'll post a new picture of the set up tomorrow.

dmcdonald

Okay, so I'm (I think) finally done moving live rock within the tank. Everything is now very stable. What do you guys think of the final look?

Sorry for the washed out picture.
Also, I've got a few areas of diatom bloom on the live sand and here and there on the live rock. The tank is now 15 days old. Should I siphon the areas of diatom and increase my janitors?

Thanks!

dmcdonald

Okay, don't beat me up over the "siphon" question. Just found plenty about leaving it alone. It seems my tank is about mid way or almost finished w/ cycling ... Is it okay to add janitors?