75 gal reset

C

cmaxwell39

Some changes have been made my 75. For starters the SPS corals have been gotten rid of (well frags have been moved to the 50 sps tank). The flow has been redone (no real reduction in flow, just redone to even it out a little more).
I also pulled out all the rock and cleaned a red encrusting/plating growth that had taken over the live rock and was hurting zoa growth (it would actually grow over zoas and kill them off.) Since the rock was pulled out I reaquascaped to make more sandbed room since this is going to be an LPS and zoa dominated reef now. Well how about some pics.
FTS:
Before:

After:

New right side:

New left side:

Old encrusting growth:(the red stuff covering the live rock behind the zoas.)

Some new peices:
Acan:

Duncan:

C

cmaxwell39

New favites:

Some old favorites:

And finally the new mystery wrasse:

Enjoy

C

cmaxwell39

An interesting develpment in removing all the encrusting/plating red growth is that my calcium and Alk demand is way down. My dosing has gone down 15-20 ml a day of BRS two part since I cleaned the red growth from the live rock and reset the tank. Still not exactly sure what the stuff is/was, but it was surely calcium based.

C

cmaxwell39

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I need to get rid of a couple of frags so that I can start to fill this in some more again.

joeman1881

Originally Posted by cmaxwell39
http:///forum/post/3035712
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I need to get rid of a couple of frags so that I can start to fill this in some more again.
PM me, Ill send you my address, overnight them to me, lol.

BTW, your tank looks really nice.