75 gallon Stock list

mfutch

Hello, I currently have a 40gallon breeder FOWLR tank. I am upgrading to a 75gal tank. My current stock list is 2 percula clowns, 1 watchman, 1 firefish, 1 engineer goby and a nassarius snail.
I am looking to potentially add a few more fish and wanted some input. The fish I am looking at are Mandarin, coral beauty or flame angel, royal gramma, one spot foxface, Bangaii cardinal fish, copper and butterfly or long nose butterfly.

I am aware that I will not be able to add all of these fish. I am looking to add 3-4 more fish. The mandarin is an absolute must, but the tank won’t be ready for him for a while. Ideally I want lots of color and personality. Nothing that will not get along with my current fish. I am also building a lot of hiding places into my live rock as well. I have tried the bangaii previously without much success; but am willing to trying it again. I just want some variety in my tank.

any ideas on that and cleanup crew would be appreciated

jay0705

Butterflies are best in bigger tanks. 125 and up. Especially the 2 you mentioned. The gramma is good, also the 1 spot fox. The cardinals are not a fav of mine. I've never had luck. Neither have a few friends of mine. As far as an angel. The cb will be easier and generally nicer. However few things look as nice as a flame. They can be a bit aggressive and are not as hardy as a cb. They are being captive raised now tho. Generally captive fish are more hardy.
You don't mention any, so look into a wrasse. Most are peaceful and colorful

mfutch

Ok, I was unsure about the correct size for the butterflies. Every site had different tank requirements. And as for the cardinal; I have tried it twice with unsatisfactory results. They are just too sensitive. So I wouldn't be heart broken without it. I didn't put a wrasse on my list because I heard that they can be very aggressive. So I am thinking probably the gramma, the one spot, and the coral beauty or flame. still undecided on which one, lol. then eventually the mandarin

jay0705

Most reef safe wrasse are not aggressive at all. I have a 4" melnurus wrasse with a 1.5" mcCoskers wrasse and no issues

mfutch

I will definitely have to look into it. I also had a question about how to shorten my cycle period. Could I just move everything from the old tank into the new one? I also need to obviously add new rock. I use the carib sea dry live rock. is there a way to add it to the existing tank without setting off an algae bloom?

jay0705

Aslong as you go rt from one to another your fine and should have minimal die off. I like the shapes avb with the carib sea life rock, but its not a true live rock. Its not as porous. You can definitely use it tho. I would add some lime stone base rock aswell. I have both in my tank. I started with probably 60lbs live and 100lbs base rock. Occasionally I'll add a new peice of live just to give the fish something new to nibble on. A lfs near me has really good LR.