75 gallon tank

dabudkrew

does anyone know if 4 65 watt pc lights would be enough to support soft corals and small variety of fishes??

T

twogood4u

Or youcould go with 4 54 watt t5 bulb setup and save energy. I have the Nova Extreme on my 75 and it makes it brighter than 4 65 watt bulb setups. just my .02

sign guy

Originally Posted by dabudkrew
does this give it a blueish color to it??
03 antics are very blue and 10000k are kinda yellow so most of us run a 50/50 set up. half 10000k and half 03. If you want to have a blue tank Id go with 3 03's and 1 10000k. youll be happy im sure

sandman1966

I have the Satelite 4x65 (2x65w dual actinics and 2x 65w dual daylight) pc lighting and i do pretty good. i have some mushrooms a anemone and tons of pulsing xenia oh i also have a stip light that came with tank that has a actinic bulb also mainly for color enhancement

Originally Posted by dabudkrew
does this give it a blueish color to it??
What I posted earlier is moderate bluish color
Try 2 50/50(10k/actinic) and 2 actinic(1 03/1 460)
Actinic 03/420nm is usually more bluish/purplish
Actinic 460nm is usually more sky bluish

larryndana

Originally Posted by twogood4u
Or youcould go with 4 54 watt t5 bulb setup and save energy. I have the Nova Extreme on my 75 and it makes it brighter than 4 65 watt bulb setups. just my .02
i agree here too.
the replacement bulbs are cheaper and the fixture will be cheaper.

ejensen

I had a coralife 4x65 PC's on my old 55 and I don't think they are enough light for corals. Go all out a get some MH are you will be able to have SPS.

aquaguy24

yeah i'd go with some mh so u don't have to worry about wat corals to choose from..im upgrading my lights very soon and going with the sunpod hqi 150w 14000k from current usa..