75g DT adding 75 refugium Opinions Needed Wanted

knockout

Ok, my display tank is 75g sump is 29g (15g water), I like keeping fish so I really wanted to upgrade and did not...
so I bought a second 75g tank to double the water volume and to use as a refugium for macro-algae and to grow pods
my plan to connect the two water bodies is what I am calling a "reverse sump system"
Display Tank
Refugium Tank
SUMP "A"
SUMP "B"
Display Tank overflow drops into the SUMP "A"
Refugium Tank overflow drops into the SUMP "B"
SUMP "A" returns water to Refugium Tank
SUMP "B" returns water to Display Tank
nutrient pack water in SUMP "A" will be skimmed/UV/Reactors, water is returned to Refugium Tank, where it will run thru Macro Algae and Live Rock (maybe live sand also) water drops to SUMP "B" via overflow, no mechanical filtration happens on this sump to preserve live critters making its way to Display Tank
In all I want to accomplish an efficient natural filtration system supplemented with skimming and UV sterilization

bring it on!!! I want to hear what you're thinking!!!

fishfreak1242

That looks like a great idea! cant wait to see it in action if you do end up building it. The only thing is that it is going to be really hard to get an even amount of flow from one tank to the other to keep the water levels even. Also, you are going to need to make ALOT of water. How big will each sump be?

knockout

Yeah, I'm looking into the tsunami pump saver to turn off one of the pumps if the water level is too low. my current sump looks like a 29g it runs with about 10g and fills to about 20 when the pump is off... I am looking into maybe one of those 18g tall tanks for the second sump as it will only hold water (no equipment or substrate of any kind)