75g lighting

mpdan

i want to get a t5 light for tank not a retro something with lunar lights and be able to keep just about any kind of coral please give some ideas way too many to choose from dont want hqi kinda confused am i looking for high watt per gallon or what? thanks in advance

scrombus2

There's a lot of T5 setups out there. Your 75 is about 20" deep, minus the sandbed, so a 6 or 8 tube fixture with individual reflectors would be a good choice. Of course, you'll want to eventually customize your tube choice, the tubes supplied with the fixture will be a middle-of-the-road selection. There's a bunch of T5 info out there, delving into tube preference, color rendition and coral growth, etc.

moprint

Best buy right now is a T5 fixture at hellolights.com it is in the discount section. It's a 4 bulb fixture with individual reflectors. It's around $130 with bulbs, but no moon lights.

mpdan

ok i think i like the tek 8x54w will this be enough to support all types of coral? also is there a way to put lunar lights in the fixture? thanks sorry for all th questions just want to make the best choice so i dont have to buy a new light system again

wangotango

Originally Posted by mpdan
http:///forum/post/2969392
ok i think i like the tek 8x54w will this be enough to support all types of coral? also is there a way to put lunar lights in the fixture? thanks sorry for all th questions just want to make the best choice so i dont have to buy a new light system again
8 would be more than enough, you could get away with 6 if you used decent bulbs.
Fully assembled fixtures don't really have a whole lot of room to add stuff to, unless you pop out one of the reflectors. There are a few clip-on gooseneck LED moonlights that you could just attach the the front of the unit.
-Justin