75gallon AGA

donahue

Im pretty pumped right now. My fish store has 75g AGA's on sale for 104.99 ahhhh. looks like the perfect oppurtunity for an upgrade from the 55!!!

donahue

Its a small local shop, if they had 90's i'd be all over them. but now that you say that im gonna have them quote me a price on one! thanks squidd

dory36

Where are you located in Texas, JSB? Our lfs has a 75g for $145. If you're close to me, I can email you their name and address. :D

howardcu

My LFS here in the Lansing MI area has 75 AGA's for $99, but they have a tempered glass bottom that can't be drilled. The sides can still be drilled though and I just purchased 3 that are drilled in the sides to be hooked together and share the same water. I am going to use them as an elaborate sump in the basement below my new reef tank setup. I figure I shouldn't need a chiller if there is that much water in the basement.

donahue

wow thats a good deal. So you could drill into the side and throw on a bulkhead with a standpipe and use the as an overflow?

howardcu

Yeah, I actually bought 3 and had them drilled on the sides so I could hook them up in a long chain in the basement for a sump/refugium/evil fish quarantine area. It will add 225 gallons to my system and in 3 compartments for way cheaper than a tank that size. I am just hoping 2 holes for 1" piping on each end will be enough flow.

howardcu

I actually wanted bigger holes, but my LFS could only do holes big enough for a 1" bulkhead. All in all I think it was a great deal though and am very excited about all the options I will have. I know for sure one of the 75's will be a low flow predatorless refugium with a ton of live rock rubble, a sand bed, and macro algae.