75gl "dutch" tank w/ closed loop?

rookum

my guy gave me this tank. its a 75 gal acrylic with all the filtration in the back. built in skimmer that uses a rio power head stuck to the bottom with the air line etc. has three drilled holes two on one side and one on the other i asume that this is for the "closed loop" system. one intake two returns and somewhere in the middle my uv. my "guy" says that he can set it up for one hell of a flow. the dude at my lfs says that the system is obsolete. its a good looking tank and i would love to upgrade,but i'm looking for some feedback so i dont do anymore stupid things. much app. to all who respond!!!

sign guy

looks like those are for CL. you might be able to make that filtration setup work. could get some pics of the back head on. maybe a fuge and better skimmer

rookum

was just looking at the backof tank. that skimmer is powered by a rio 600. do you need better pics of the back to see if i can turn into a fuge. i have a 55 with a slimline 60 sump mag 7 pump seaclone skimmer and aqua 25wt uv. have a maxijet 900. seems to be doing alright. post some more pics in a sec

rookum

was gonna do that. my lfs says that i could get mad flow if i do a "cl" with a good pump just hook up my uv somewhere in that "cl". just wanted some ideas.

sign guy

looks like you can. two questions. what is that black molding in the back compartment and what is the use of the whight elbo in the top corner?

sign guy

Originally Posted by rookum
was gonna do that. my lfs says that i could get mad flow if i do a "cl" with a good pump just hook up my uv somewhere in that "cl". just wanted some ideas.
a cl usely meens high flow and a uv needs very low flow to work corectly so we may need to find another route

rookum

i know the elbow is for the return. the black moulding has me boggled. gonna go take a closer look.

rookum

that black moulding on the that runs along the tank on the bottom has 1/8 holes on the oppisite side(inside the tank) that run all along the length of the moulding comes to a 1/2 barbed elbow. is that some sort of reurn? there are about thirty holes all together about 2" apart running the length of the moulding.

sign guy

Originally Posted by rookum
that black moulding on the that runs along the tank on the bottom has 1/8 holes on the oppisite side(inside the tank) that run all along the length of the moulding comes to a 1/2 barbed elbow. is that some sort of reurn? there are about thirty holes all together about 2" apart running the length of the moulding.
must be. Is there a way you can hook up a sump and use the back compartment as a fuge?

sign guy

its not that hard just confusing at first the 55 may be a little large for a sump. Id go with a 33 long, since its acrylic youy can drill the bottom of the tank and use the back area as a fuge.

rookum

that moulding we were talking about wont get in the way i asume. can i just use the holes that are already drilled for the sump?