76G Bowfront...good price?

muneyd00d

Sorry if this is a bad place to put this thread...it seemd right. There's a 76g bowfront tank with a nice black stand, glass top, and tube lights. It's priced around 675-700. Is that to much? Could I get a better deal online? Any thought or input would be appreciated. This will probably end up being my christmas gift considering i dont know what else to get. Thanks.

muneyd00d

lukeb321, I'm assuming your link was deleted because it isnt allowed to be posted here. E-mail me with the info please. Megapat99@comcast.net.
To the mods, I'm just trying to get a tank :p.
Thanks for the input guys.
-Pat

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Sharkboy97
i honestly dont think its very good i got a 90 gallon drilled with stand and canopy for 650
Your also in FL! :happyfish

muneyd00d

Ok, Thanks for the input so far so good. I'm looking for around 90-100 gal anyway. I just really liked the bow front and the black stand. But i'm willing to deal :p. Again, any suggestions would be nice.

pontius

I assume you mean 72 gallon bowfront.
if so, I have one, and here are the approx prices:
tank $225
stand $225
glass top $50 (this is not even necessary because it will trap heat in)
tube lights (don't know, but you probably want more powerful lights)
so no, it's not a good buy. for that price, it should include a wet/dry or better lights.

caz

for what it's worth... I just bought a 75 w/ oak stand and canopy, 100lbs of live sand (which I chunked) and 100+ lbs of live rock (great rock) - $360. All in perfect shape. Never been much of a bowfront fan though...

pontius

I agree about the bowfronts. we got one because my wife liked it better, but I've never liked it. if you don't look at it just right, it will distort the view of what you're looking at.
I just got a 125 acrylic with 200 pounds of figi rock, 100 pounds of sand, pc lights, bucket of salt, skimmer, Mag 12 pump, crabs/snails, and a snowflake eel (which I traded for a flame angel) for $800.

mikeyjer

Keep an eye on the classifieds. A lot of times people will buy really nice set ups and then get discouraged with the hobby and unload the whole thing for a fraction of the retail price.

muneyd00d

Ok, sounds good. I'm sure it said 76 bowfront. ***** could be wrong though. So it's a crap deal and I wont go for it. I'm keeping an eye out on classifieds but i'm looking for a christmas gift so it's kinda hard to wait for a used to fly by just in time :p. Thanks for all the input, keep it comin'.