$8 Deal

Originally posted by j21kickster
Just thought id post the 8$ ric i got last night- Cant wait till it starts to split

Thanks for rubbin' it in . . . . scumbag
:mad:
(Ok, so its nice and I am jealous. There . . . happy? :D )

I live near one of the largest LFS in the country and they charge $25 bucks per polyp on green ric's . . . and thats on sale! :scared:

tigerpiper

I ordered the five pack from this site months ago and love them_ I think I received one orange, one blue and three green. They've thrived and split for $5 each.

harlequinnut

Originally posted by TigerPiper
I ordered the five pack from this site months ago and love them_ I think I received one orange, one blue and three green. They've thrived and split for $5 each.

Any pics? I was thinking about ordering the rics from this site also.

javatech

Paradise sure has a lot of stuff but i wish he would put some prices on the tanks. but as long as he knows you i think you get a better price:D i got mine for $10 two orange ricordias on a two pound rock

Yea my LFS sucks. Nothing that cool there is less than $30
my lfs doesnt even get them in...

How long do they take to split... I thought about ordering one from swf.com... or a group of 3 anyway

K

kistheeze

Originally posted by j21kickster
they should split in about a month- mabye a tad bit longer- provided they have the right growing conditions

Not sure a general statement can be made on this. I have florida rics that never split - they just get bigger and bigger and grow additional mouths - I have one that has at least 6 mouths...
I also have yumas all from the same original one - some split when they're no bigger than a quarter, some just grow and grow. I have one that's about 6 inches across that shows no sign of splitting.
Strange things. BTW - good score on the $8 ric - still not understanding why you cant get good zoos for that price?

j21kickster

Kip- is a standard ballast- the corals seem to flouresce just about the same under the 20K XM as they did under the PCs- great color though
Kistheeze- the ricordea i was speaking of was my yuma(s)- not flordia- but i know what you mean- most of mine grow to a couple of inches than split- i dont have any yumas over 2.5 inches. But..... it was a good deal- but on the zoanthids- rare colors are big bucks:D