80 gallon

nolson

Hey again,
Alright I have a question. I have an 80 gallon that is torn down right now that will be set up again shorty. I have a 29 gallon that is set up right now that has 130 watts of PC lighting.
I would like to set up lighting for the 80 gallon. I want to have my options open to what I can keep in the 80 gallon tank as far as corals, And anemones. Im not interested in clams. What would be a good set up for lights in the 80 I can use the lights on the 29 also. I was thinking 2 400 watt MH and 2 130 watt PC would that be suffecient?

nolson

Bump
Also has anyone done the DIY metal hallides for under 100$ Is it hard and what are its limitations?

nolson

Bump Bump Bump thats the sound of the bass as its hitting in my trunk :) lol I sound like a rapper.
C,mon my question isnt that hard that 50 people will look and 1 wont reply

stapler

I think your initial idea would be great for an 80g and you wouldnt have any problems keeping corals. You could keep clams with 2x400w MH's. As for supplemental lighting, look into VHO lighting instead of PC's. They are much stronger.
If it were me, I would do 2x250 or 2x400w 10k, and VHO acintic supplements.
As for the DIY, I have never done it. I just bought a 175w MH pendant for my 30g.
Here is a link you can try that might be of some help.
http://www.kingvinnie.com/aquaria/di...age.asp?cat=25
HTH
stapler