8x54 watt T5 light

anthonyq

Is this too much for a 55 gal tank? Also is 269$ and made in USA. This seems like a lot of light but I am sure others have had more on a 55gal tank.
Another question. It offers 4 6500k bulbs and 4 atinics. It says you can switch it up 5 and 3 both ways what would be the best combo? I was thinking stay with 4 and 4 for the best color?
One more question. How far off the water should it be hung?
any answers are appreciated and thank you.

05xrunner

yes it will most likely be to wide and some bulbs be wasted.
For that price the Hello Lights 48" 4bulb T5HO individual reflector light will let u keep anything u want in your 55..or the Aquatinics tx5..but thats about 460 after bulbs.

anthonyq

The site says it is 11 in wide and that will give me an inch play so it isnt too wide I dont think.

05xrunner

well its only a single reflector. The hello light 4 bulb one would probably give u just as much light..and only need to replace 4 bulbs instead of 8 when they run out.

05xrunner

ohh..thought you where talking about the Nova Extreme..those are the Catalina light..I heard they are not all that great.

larryndana

Originally Posted by Watson4
I WOULD NOT put 65k over an enemies tank...
you must treat your enemies well huh, lol.

anthonyq

One more question what hight should this be off of the tank. I was thinking somewhere around 12 in. Any input helps especially from someone running a similar system. Thanks

myreef05

Originally Posted by anthonyq
They are all individualy reflected ill post a pic and you can decide what I should do.
That is the units i bought. 2-36" with 8-39w bulbs, each with it's own reflector and am now being told by some experts that is what is bleaching my corals. To much light. I have a 125.

myreef05

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
ohh..thought you where talking about the Nova Extreme..those are the Catalina light..I heard they are not all that great.
Maybe the bulbs are not great but the units are wonderful. Can you say auction?