90 Gal Display....... 75 Gal Sump/Fuge Build :)

dallassvt

I finally got the tank up and running!!

Display is a 90 gallon Oceanic bowfront tank, I have plumbed it threw the wall into a closet in my garage. In the closet is a 75 gal Sump/ Fuge along with other equipment listed below. :)
Lights:
Display:
(2) 96W Actinic PC's
(2) 250W MH ( still looking for the bulbs I want to use)
Sump:
(2) 65W PC's one 50/50 and one 6500
(1) socket PC to go above Mangroves (don't know what to get yet)
Equipment:
1/2 HP Chiller
Precision Marine Skimmer w/ a Quiteone 4000 pump)
Precision Marine Calcium Reactor
(2) BRS Duel Chamber media reactors {(2) MJ 1200 power heads}
(2) Titianum heaters...... still looking for good ones
Apex Aqua Controller
Mag 18 return pump
(2) EcoTech ES 40W Powerheads
(2) EcoTech ES 10W Powerheads
Rock & Sand:
Display-
100 Lbs. Fiji Pink Sand
150 Lbs. Cariabbian and Fiji Live Rock
Sump-
70 Lbs. live Sand
30 Lbs Live rock & Rubble
Here are some Pics!!
90 Gal Display Tank

Plumbing in tank stand. Look........ no Clutter!!!

Picture of light fixture 2 x 96W Actinin PC's & 2x 250 W MH will also add some LED stunner strips for moonlights.

dallassvt

MORE PICS!!!!

Doorway to small closet in garage!

Top of Sump! you can see where I went through the wall.

Back of closet! You can see chiller and Calcium Reactor (both still need to be plumbed)

Shot of fuge.... Has about 10 lbs of live rock and a couple balls of Chato..

Thanks for looking! I will keep you updated....
Still have a lot of work to do. Any and all suggestions welcome!!
Dallas

geoj

Looks good

250W MH ( still looking for the bulbs I want to use) Do a search "Spectral analysis of 250w metal halide lamps" and compare your ballast I like the look of the 14-15k but most 10k give better par.

dallassvt

Everything is starting to come along! More Pics to come soon!
A couple of questions......
-How much water should be flowing through my sump and fuge? As much as my overflow can handle or is there some kind of guideline? It just seams like water is moving through there very fast.
- Why would my Cheato start turning white on some of the tips? I have been running the lights about 13 hours a day in the fuge.
- Where is a good place to get some Mangroves that are not just sprouts? the water level in my fuge is high and I'm not sure if they can be completely under water?
Thanks again!!!!
Dallas

acrylic51

Very nice work!!!! You did add UV shields for those MH's didn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVT http:///forum/thread/381562/90-gal-display-75-gal-sump-fuge-build#post_3324341
I finally got the tank up and running!!

Display is a 90 gallon Oceanic bowfront tank, I have plumbed it threw the wall into a closet in my garage. In the closet is a 75 gal Sump/ Fuge along with other equipment listed below. :)
Lights:
Display:
(2) 96W Actinic PC's
(2) 250W MH ( still looking for the bulbs I want to use)
Sump:
(2) 65W PC's one 50/50 and one 6500
(1) socket PC to go above Mangroves (don't know what to get yet)
Equipment:
1/2 HP Chiller
Precision Marine Skimmer w/ a Quiteone 4000 pump)
Precision Marine Calcium Reactor
(2) BRS Duel Chamber media reactors {(2) MJ 1200 power heads}
(2) Titianum heaters...... still looking for good ones
Apex Aqua Controller
Mag 18 return pump
(2) EcoTech ES 40W Powerheads
(2) EcoTech ES 10W Powerheads
Rock & Sand:
Display-
100 Lbs. Fiji Pink Sand
150 Lbs. Cariabbian and Fiji Live Rock
Sump-
70 Lbs. live Sand
30 Lbs Live rock & Rubble
Here are some Pics!!
90 Gal Display Tank

Plumbing in tank stand. Look........ no Clutter!!!

Picture of light fixture 2 x 96W Actinin PC's & 2x 250 W MH will also add some LED stunner strips for moonlights.

acrylic51

What lighting are you running on your macro? Mangroves are good at exporting, but need lots, and they are slow exporters as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVT http:///forum/thread/381562/90-gal-display-75-gal-sump-fuge-build#post_3327238
Everything is starting to come along! More Pics to come soon!
A couple of questions......
-How much water should be flowing through my sump and fuge? As much as my overflow can handle or is there some kind of guideline? It just seams like water is moving through there very fast.
- Why would my Cheato start turning white on some of the tips? I have been running the lights about 13 hours a day in the fuge.
- Where is a good place to get some Mangroves that are not just sprouts? the water level in my fuge is high and I'm not sure if they can be completely under water?
Thanks again!!!!
Dallas

dallassvt

Acropora12: Thanks man!!
That doesn't seem like much flow at all! Right now I am running a Mag 18 with about 4' of head loss, so I'm guessing about 800- 1000 GPH. Macros are just moving a little bit in the fuge.
Acrylic51:
What are "UV shields?" The light just has a piece of glass that covers the fixture and I added glass tops to my display to try and slow down the evaporation which was high. (about 1 gal a day) On the Macro i have (2) 65W PC bulbs one 50/50 and one 10K. I want tall Mangroves that stick out above the light so I was looking to get a PC bulb that screws into a separate fixture just for them. It would be above PC fixture but on same light schedule.
Thanks for all your help!!
Dallas

dallassvt

Ok, I just took out a mushy ball of Chaeto, that felt like it was dying! What would cause this? Did I put it into my system too early?