90 gallon finally transfered!!!!

moby

I am not very familiar with javanese Damsels. What can you tell me about them?
Pretty fish!
Moby

kronnk7

They're a damsel that's not quite like all the rest. My lfs told me he was a Neon Velvet Damsel but I've done research and he's a Javanese Damsel from the Indian Ocean. They say he's aggresive like all damsels but mine's not. He likes brine, flake food and I feed him spectrum. Him and my coral beauty are best friends it's kind of funny. His adult size is only about 3-4 inches and he's a very hardy fish ( he's went through two different cycles for me).

mopar9012

Originally Posted by kronnk7
They're a damsel that's not quite like all the rest. My lfs told me he was a Neon Velvet Damsel but I've done research and he's a Javanese Damsel from the Indian Ocean. They say he's aggresive like all damsels but mine's not. He likes brine, flake food and I feed him spectrum. Him and my coral beauty are best friends it's kind of funny. His adult size is only about 3-4 inches and he's a very hardy fish ( he's went through two different cycles for me).
do you have any other fish? i had one of those and when i would add a fish he would go crazy on them..i got rid of him. i also belive damsels will get their aggresive nature when they get bigger.

kronnk7

I have a coral beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Yellowhead Jawfish, and I'll be putting Nemo (an ocell. clown ) into the tank also. The coral beauty and the damsel are best friends. As I said he's pretty cool. Velvet is about 3" long so he's about full grown. I've had him for almost 10 months.