90 gallon light fixture

si12ius

I need to get a light fixture for my 90 gallon tank for a reef/fish set-up. I have been contemplating whether to get t5 lighting or metal halides. I know metal halides are the way to go. I found this set up that comes with metal halides, t5 lighting and moon lighting which I love the most. I figure it is a great buy and wanted some of your expertise on the lighting situation.. My tank is 48wide and 28inches long. Would a full 48 be recommended or going 36inches with the lighting is good enough? If you guys know of any sites with great deals... please link me.
Here is the link to that lighting system on ----.
Please Don't Post Links to other Sites

sign guy

please do not post links outside of saltwaterfish.com its out of respect to the owner. I did take a look at the light and I dont see a brand name any where and that scares me becouse there are some bad componets floating around. Id stick with a well known co. like coralife. The watts are good and somthing along those lines will work fine. but dont trust every thing on that site

zanoshanox

its one of the odyssea jebojkrnuiern whatever fixtures.....they're very low quality....although many people have used them and has stunning reef tanks. Only problem is reliability. There have also been many cases where the lights have cought fire from getting too hot. IMO, the bulbs are placed too far apart to get a descent look out of it on the 48', but others who own them will disagree.

frigger

I use a 250 watt m/h made from an industrial parking lot light in a DIY enclosure with 4 pc fans and the ballast in a remote enclosure and 60watts actinic. i am just in the process of adding another 250 m/h

si12ius

Hey man thanks for the heads up! I just recently talked to my friend who is a real big enthusiast, who is gonna get rid of his lighting system.... I definately won t get that light set-up.. need something reliable and less hazardous. thanks for the heads up guys.

reefpro

I have a 90 gallon also and I'm using the Coralife Aqualight Pro:
Two 250 watt 10,000K double-ended HQI metal halide lamp
Two 96 watt True Actinic 03 Blue square-pin compact fluorescent lamps
Four 1 watt Lunar Blue-Moon 470nm LED lamps
Two external HQI metal halide ballast with on/off switch, 12 foot lamp cord and a 6 foot power cord
Two on/off switches and two 12 foot power cords (one for the actinic lamps and one for the Lunar LED lamps
Sleek, anodized black-aluminum housing
Highly-polished reflectors
Built-in cooling fans
Acrylic compact fluorescent and glass lens covers
Mounting legs
I love it and the tank looks AMAZING under it