90 gallon progress after 15 months

guinness

here is my progress after 15 months. any suggestions or comments would be great. if anyone wants xenia or colt pm me.

teen

looks good, but id suggest some more vibrant colors. something like pinks, purples and greens. maybe theyre in there, but its hard to see with a FTS.

guinness

i was looking to add more color. i was thinking about a bunch of brightly colored zoos. if you have any ideas throw them in.

teen

zoas and rics would definetly add some color. what type of lighting? looks like MH. 2x 175?

guinness

2 150 w mh and 2 130 w actinic. i have a hitchhiker ric but it is brownish...not the color i was going for.

reefjr12

looks like you had a xenia outbreak?
nice looking tank but as teen said needs more color; to much brown.
-Kevin

peglet

I think your tank is really quite lovely. I have seen some that are more colorful, but yours is right up there.

teen

as long as your parameters are inline, i would look into a derasa clam. you can get them in oranges and blues. i think that would definetly add some color.
and have you changed your bulbs? the color in the first pic looks a lot more whiter/crisper than the second pic. maybe its just the w/b on the camera.

guinness

i thought about a clam but my hermit crabs killed a cleaner clam i stuck in the display tank. anyone have that issue?
teen - the lighting is just the camera, the first pic was also taken at night and the second was taken during the day.
thanks for everyones suggestions

teen

the cleaner clam was most likely dead or dying when introduced. either that or it died and they did their job and cleaned it up.

guinness

carrieabn here are some pics of the colt. the larger one with the fatter base is about 6 inch and the smaller one is about 4 inches

guinness

i was told at the lfs that it was colt when purchased. i know the kenya tree is very similar but mine may have been mislabled.