90 Gallon Tank Picture Update At Almost 4 Months...

ohiorn67

thanks for the quick response, see you are from Lorain, my hubby is from that area....wellington.......small world....

blemmy_guy

Lookin Great!!! When did you get that sun coral? I was bidding on one just like that rescently
and didnt win. But your tank is really coming along! Ill be posting some new pics of my 70 this weekend. Congrats on how well your tank is doing.
todd

ohiorn67

Hey Todd, thanks for the compliment also.....got the sun corals at my lfs about 2 months ago. they were real cheap and I bought them with never seeing them open, probably dumb but they are doing fantastic.. hope you find some.
Juie

fishhead81

Originally Posted by annanymous
love the tank. getting mine up soon.
that ehh tang will need a bigger home very soon
Hmmm, that's a 90g and from what I see the tang is one of only 3 fish and he still needs more swimming area? I guess I'll hafta get a really small naso tang for my 55g. I really hope 55g is enough for the naso....sooo purdy! 55g is big enough, right??? :notsure: :thinking:

dreamreef

The tank looks like I want mine to resemble....someday. AWESOME pics, can you tell me what pumps and powerheads you are runnig?

ohiorn67

hi, first I would definitely not recommend a naso to a 55. IMO it would be very stressed. My naso is one of the smallest I have been able to get at about 4 inches, but now actually a little bigger already. She seems happy. At night she zooms back and forth and in the 4 foot tank, there is definitely not enough for she is fast. I am getting ready to upgrade to a 6 foot tank because of this. I think a 55 would be really hard to have swim space.
My tank has 130 lbs of live rock, I have an eheim 2217 cannister filter (so far has worked out very well but will be going with a sump next time so I can have my skimmer and heaters in there instead of the main tank). I have a remoraC pro skimmer w/ bubble eliminator box with the mag3 pump. I have in each corner...1 900 maxijet pointing up for increased air exchange and then one that comes across in the water to each hit the front of the tank. then in center back I have a maxijet with a rotating thing we put on for movement that works really well. I have had no issues at all with nitrates or anything in my system. I do a quick 10% water change each week and every other week change the filter floss in my cannister which takes all of 5 min.

ophiura

Originally Posted by Fishhead81
Hmmm, that's a 90g and from what I see the tang is one of only 3 fish and he still needs more swimming area? I guess I'll hafta get a really small naso tang for my 55g. I really hope 55g is enough for the naso....sooo purdy! 55g is big enough, right??? :notsure: :thinking:
It is DEFINITELY NOT suitable for a 55g tank unless it is only in a QT tank that is 55g!! It will outgrow that very quickly. PLEASE do not put a naso in a 55g....IMO, even a 135 or so is on the small side for a Naso tang.