90 reef set up

annanymous

i am currently planning out my 90 gal reef set-up.
i will have a 90 gal [obviously, duh] glass tank
question: i found a store that has on display a 90drilled w/ an overflow , 2 holes for 265.
other place offered to make a custom 90 for 200 plus 90 for overflow and 25 ea. hole not including bulkheads.
i dont know where to go from there
i already purchased the tank for a sump/fuge [30 gal]. i know its a bit small, but im planing to add a separate fuge a little later.
either asm g2x or asm g3 skimmer >>>still didnt buy it...WOULD LOVE SUGESTIONS
mag 12 as a return pump [1200 gph flow to the tank]
4 maxijet 900 powerheads.
lighting im planning to get a retro of 2x400 MH/ 2x 48" 110 watt VHO
im planning this tank for SPS clams and tangs :scared: [only 2] :yes:
if anyone has any sugestions, advices, or ideas [and especialy the dilema about the tank] please let me know

thegrog

Glad to see you are doing planning well in advance first.
OK, a few comments/observations.
-1200 gph for a 30 gal sump is a bit much (40x per hour), 400-600 would be better
-Look into bulkhead fittings and plumbing plans in the equipment/DIY section. Lots there for ideas
-Agree with the lighting being enough as long as your tank is no more than 24" deep
-Assuming you are getting a 90-long and not tall? Long would be better for the tangs and lighting
-Personally, I would go with two different types of tang. Looks better and less of a chance of them not getting along
-Not familiar with those skimmers so I can't say one way or the other. I do like the AquaC series though--you would need the EV series for your tank. Tunze are a step up from the AquaC both in performance and price, but worth it. Could go on but I'll stop at that.
-Lighting for the Fuge???
-Tank prices look good. Either one you want would work.
-I'd plan on adding the fuge and sump at the same time as tank setup. Less of a hastle routing plumbing that way. Again, look in the equipment section for ideas (Squidd is a guru when it comes to plumbing)
That is about it for now. Good luck!

annanymous

does anyone have a DIY canopy plans. i know i know, i should look on DIY Forum. i did, all the pictures were wiped out during upgrade, so i cant find anything. :needhelp:

annanymous

almost done setting up, few questions
how do i attache my RO/DI unit directly to the water pipe so that i can use a float switch to automaticle fill up the top-off water bucket [this is a good 25-30 feet away!!!]???
how much kalk do i need to mix in with the top-off for a 90 g tank???
what rating UV sterilizer would i ned on my 90??? i have the UV light that came with the via aqua skimmer, but im not sure if its enough for such a big tank?