90g 1.5month

qreef

here is my 90g 1.5month and dont have any coralline yet
Does anyone know how long for coralline to start seening in tank?

airforceb2

My 90 is only a month old and I have coraline starting to grow on my bubble box and PVC pump return. The biggest thing I have noticed is the calciuim levels. Do you have a Ca test?

qreef

Originally Posted by airforceb2
My 90 is only a month old and I have coraline starting to grow on my bubble box and PVC pump return. The biggest thing I have noticed is the calciuim levels. Do you have a Ca test?

What supplements did u used? and what is your nitrates reading?
How many fishes u have?

mudplayerx

For good coraline growth you are going to need a test kit for calcium, alkalinity, and ph. Dosing kalkwasser is a good way to maintain all of there once you get them balanced with water changes. Also, I have heard that phosphates will inhibit coraline growth. Get a test kit for phosphates and make sure that your tank water and change/topoff water have zero phosphates :joy:

escape2thewater

Originally Posted by Qreef
here is my 90g 1.5month and dont have any coralline yet
Does anyone know how long for coralline to start seening in tank?

It can take several months, it all depends on your water params, as mentioned above, as well as your lighting and how much coraline you introduce into your system to get it started. For example In my reef tank I can place a bare piece of base rock in there for 90 days and it will be covered in coraline like you cant tell the diffrence between the other rock. My reef tank has ultra high quality water params and MH lighting. I also have an eel tank with only NO lighting & "less then perfect" water params that has been running almost a year with zero coraline! It all depends......
Escape

vanos

It took 6 months for me to get a decent amount of coralline algae on the back of my tank but it started to build up on the protein skimmer (the part that hangs in the water) after 2 months. I've never tested for calcium or added kalkwasser or tested for phosphates. I use the ***** water which I change about 10% every 1-2 weeks.

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by escape2thewater
My reef tank has ultra high quality water params and MH lighting.
Escape
Do you find that your coraline grows slower in the very brightly-lit areas of the tank? I have mh as well and it seems like coraline struggles to survive in the intensly-lit areas.

airforceb2

Originally Posted by Qreef
What supplements did u used? and what is your nitrates reading?
How many fishes u have?
No supplements at all.
Nitrates are 5
Ca is 440
No fish yet.

escape2thewater

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
Do you find that your coraline grows slower in the very brightly-lit areas of the tank? I have mh as well and it seems like coraline struggles to survive in the intensly-lit areas.
It grows everywhere very quickly but yea, it does seem to do a little bit better in the more shady areas or in indirect light. like in the corners of the tank and in the overflow.
Escape
:happyfish

smmcinto

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
For good coraline growth you are going to need a test kit for calcium, alkalinity, and ph. Dosing kalkwasser is a good way to maintain all of there once you get them balanced with water changes. Also, I have heard that phosphates will inhibit coraline growth. Get a test kit for phosphates and make sure that your tank water and change/topoff water have zero phosphates :joy:

What is a good test kit to buy, and where from? What is generally a good price for a few kits like this? I just have the basic..ph,ammonia, nitrate, nitrite..test, and before i start my 30 gallon i want to own everything possible to make it perfect.
Thanks