90G stock list

beavis4040

I'm looking into seting up another good sized tank, minimum 90g. I currentlay have a 3-4" porc puff and a magenta dotty back. I'd like to keep it very colorful and have it semi aggressive. Looking to add:

1. Harlequin Tusk
2. picasso Trigger
3. Cuban Hog fish
any idea's would be great, again I really want bright colorfull fish, not big on eels, will this max a tank, and or what additions or changes would you recomend? I have a 55g non aggressive tank with mostly smallish fish, so i'd like larger (not too big tho) fish.

Idea's please! Thanks again for the help as always you crazy fellow fish lovers!!

beavis4040

Well i'll probably have to order it in at my LFS, no idea what size, i would prefer nothing over the 3" mark to start, however I have not had one before so I am not familiar with what sizes are common. Is there typically a size issue with them, or is there a reason why you ask about size? Thanks!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Beavis4040
I'm looking into seting up another good sized tank, minimum 90g. I currentlay have a 3-4" porc puff and a magenta dotty back. I'd like to keep it very colorful and have it semi aggressive. Looking to add:

1. Harlequin Tusk
2. picasso Trigger
3. Cuban Hog fish
any idea's would be great, again I really want bright colorfull fish, not big on eels, will this max a tank, and or what additions or changes would you recomend? I have a 55g non aggressive tank with mostly smallish fish, so i'd like larger (not too big tho) fish.

Idea's please! Thanks again for the help as always you crazy fellow fish lovers!!

#1, I'd put the dottyback in the non- aggressive tank. The porky will get very large, very quickly.Harlequin tusks are magnificent fish and I'd really try to find an Australian variety; they are (IMO) much prettier and hardier than those from Indian Ocean. Google-image and I think you'll agree, they almost look like 2 different species. Small (under 3")harlequins are next to impossible to find. They are often hard to find in the winter, in any size. But, IME, the bigger ones adapt well and seldom bother any other fish, that they can't eat, anyway. Most of them are caught by divers using hook & line; they tend to hang out on the reef's steep drop-offs--so they don't get many small ones. This is one fish that I would spend serious money on, I love them. (My avitar is an Aussie , so is the one on the swf.com site( IMO) but they sell the Indian Ocean type.

stdreb27

That should be a fun tank. I'd watch out though, your puffer might maybe take a liking to your dottyback. I haven't had any problems with my puffer, but I was reading the other day about a guy whose puffer developed a taste for clown fish.