911 Lionfish might be in trouble

splenda21

I dont do this often, in fact I think I only did it like 3 times in my whole life, but I was attempting to feed my puffer fish a crayfish and when I put it in the tank my lionfish just darted across my tank and swallowed the crayfish whole. This never happened before. Is my lionfish going to be okay?

splenda21

The crayfish was about half the size of my lions body maybe a little smaller. My lionfish is still lazing around, which is normal. He is swmming every now and than, but im still worried because how is he going to digest the shell? He swallowed the whole thing.

fmarini

normal-
expect the lion to eat when it gets hungry again-maybe a day or more-while it digests, otherwise- it will just hang out

skate020

lionfish's main diet is shrimp, it is the easieest thing to feed it with all the correct nutrients, a crawfish shell will not be a bother for the lionfish to digest.
as you said its about half the size of the lion, i would not feed the lion for about half a week now, so he can digest it fully.
id imagen he has a HUGE belly now?

splenda21

Yeah his belly was huge. This was the first time he ever went for a crayfish. I just feed him silverslides and he is satisfied. What do you feed your lionfish?

skate020

mine doesnt eat frozen food, he is a picky lil git lol, so mine eats ghost shrimp, when i eventually get him onto frozen i will feed silversides and cockles and mysis shrimp.
everything soaked in garlic too

splenda21

This is really weird. My lionfish just spit out the crayfish whole and my puffer is eating it. This crayfish was swallowed by my lionfish days ago. Isnt this weird?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by splenda21
http:///forum/post/3226413
Yeah his belly was huge. This was the first time he ever went for a crayfish. I just feed him silverslides and he is satisfied. What do you feed your lionfish?
IMO & IME; lions really need a varied diet with added vitamins, like Selcon. Depending on the lion's size (a well fed Volitan grows incredibly fast) I feed raw shrimp, scallops, strips of most any SW fish, chunks of squid, silversides (not often), live culls from a Clownfish breeder and a Betta for Christmas. Mine will also eat whole, defrosted Formula I & II. I soak raw seafood in vitamins .

skate020

yeh variety is everything for a lion, and any fish at that matter.
best thing to do, considering you have the time to scoop out leftovers everytime you feed is to offer him about 3 different things at a time.
and yeh, well fed a lion can reach full size in just over a year!
all honesty, if you can get a lion onto frozen then they are a doddle to keep healthy,
get a silverside, chop of the head and scoop out the guts, stick about 4 formula 1 pellets in followed by some selcum powder, and soak that in garlic for 10mins, that is one of the healthiest meals a lion can have!
be careful with feeding live food as a present tho, one day he might take one and then refuse frozen!

skate020

yeh cranberrys advice got me where i am today with lions:)
granted mine is still on live food, but i know how to convert, i just need the correct equiptment and stuff:)
when mine is big enough to take a hole silverside i think i could convert him rather easily lol:D

srfisher17

Originally Posted by skate020
http:///forum/post/3227830
yeh cranberrys advice got me where i am today with lions:)
granted mine is still on live food, but i know how to convert, i just need the correct equiptment and stuff:)
when mine is big enough to take a hole silverside i think i could convert him rather easily lol:D
IME&IMO: the longer they are on live food, the tougher to wean. There are lots of good foods any size lion can eat; appropriate size pieces of raw shrimp, for example.

wjhefsd

And if you wanted to know what Flash Heal feels like: It's like cheating on your spouse with the love of your life. You're torn about WOW Gold; it feels so good and almost justified, but it's still wrong. Thanks to Jack Spicer Buy WOW Gold in the comments for inspiring this addendum. Focused will If you're PVP'ing, go ahead and grab this to start. Gear is lousy in beta WOW Power Leveling, and with the changes to resilience and new player abilities in 4.0.1, you'll want the padding. That is the most easy and fast way to buy cheap WOW gold in the world. We will replay you as soon as possible.Buy Aion Gold Grace Despite complaints about this talent, the buff it provides is still very strong, and a single Penance will apply all the stacks you could need Aion Leveling. If you switch to healing other targets with Penance, this talent should never feel clunky or useless.