911 QT tank just cycled WITH FISH IN IT!

deejeff442

yes i know this ammonia-nitrites-nitrates what i am saying is nitrites are no where near as harmfull as ammonia and even less are nitrates.
once the ammonia is gone i wuold let the system alone and let it take care of itself.obviously there is good bacteria in thetank now to keep up.
which part do i have wrong?
i would seperate them if you can why not?
i had to seperate my tangs in my 55 qt the fowleri was eating my purples fins.

florida joe

I am concerned new hobbyists will get the wrong idea. If they see nitrites and think their tank can cycle ammonia and put fish into their tank. The fact is when you see nitrites you can and most likely still have toxic levels of ammonia in the tank. IMO you must wait until you see nitrates before you can call a tank cycled

deejeff442

your probably right.i forgot what it like to be a newbee.play it safe.
i have been at this for so long there are certain things i would do with my tanks i surely wouldn't advise newer hobbyists to try.
i sure have learned the hard way sometimes over the 25+ yrs I've been at this.
sure wish there were forums or even the Internet when i started.
i still actually have kept my first skimmer,just a tube with a wooden air block.
also still have my first tank 45 gallon i still use for mixing water.i have resealed it a few times over the years.
also i am sure i will be learning alot more before i am done with this great hobby.its like being a scientist sometimes.

florida joe

also i am sure i will be learning alot more before i am done with this great hobby.its like being a scientist sometimes.
you and me both my good friend you and me both