911 Water Change!

binhzino

Okay so I did a water change this morning. Siphoned the crushed coral. However a lot of debris started going around. Now its all over the live rock which I just took out last wk and scrubbed the algae off of. Now how the heck do I get this debris off the live rock without having to take it out again...
SUGGESTIONS............ :help:

binhzino

Originally Posted by jjlittle
use your power head just hold it in your hand and blow off what you want gone.

powerhead.....tried but the air hose goes in the water also and then it doesnt work...turkey baster...hmmm ill try that once i buy one..

dmitry

I don't think you'll ever get everything off - I've been having the same "problems" since I first put the rocks in. First I freaked out thinking my rock was disintegrating or something because all this "dust and debris" was coming off it and then resettling on it again. But someone here finally calmed me down pointing out that as crabs dig away at the rocks, any worms crawling around, they will create all this "debris." When I blow the turkey baster it creates a hurricane in the water, but the debris settles back down eventually - most of it doesn't make it to the filter. Some of it will settle on the bottom of the tank (where you can siphon it out) and the rest back on the rocks. I'm afraid it'll never go away! But apparently fish are used to stormy weather and doing this once a week is quite normal! :jumping: :happyfish (Someone correct me if I'm wrong! :rolleyes: )

jon.316

Yup I just siphon up the debris with my cc when i change my water to clean the CC...but since I've switched over to live sand, my turkey baster works best!

scubanoah

Hey Bin, are you talking about the air hose on your PH that creates bubbles? If so you should take it off anyway. They are not neccesary is a salt tank.

binhzino

Originally Posted by ScubaNoah
Hey Bin, are you talking about the air hose on your PH that creates bubbles? If so you should take it off anyway. They are not neccesary is a salt tank.
yeah you sure?