92 G Pic

oceanwaves

Hi
That is gorgeous. How long did it take to get it all set up? I have a 45
I'd like to convert from fresh to a reef is that too small? I have baby
severums in it now. I'm trying to decide what to do.
Nice job :)

grumpygils

Originally Posted by OceanWaves
Hi
That is gorgeous. How long did it take to get it all set up? I have a 45
I'd like to convert from fresh to a reef is that too small? I have baby
severums in it now. I'm trying to decide what to do.
Nice job :)

I have a 20 G PIC attached so A 40 is roomy!. I started the 92G tank on Feb 6th and cycled it with 120LBS of LR and 80 lbs LS. Started adding coral and fish March 10th 2006. If you do convert, do not skimp on lights or a protein skimmer. I have upgraded a bizzillion times on lights. Buy a RO unit too!
I did make the mistake of buying my 9 yr old seahorses. They have to be fed atleast 2 times a day by hand. These two have been alive in my 20 g for 9 months.
Mc

oceanwaves

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I have a 20 G PIC attached so A 40 is roomy!. I started the 92G tank on Feb 6th and cycled it with 120LBS of LR and 80 lbs LS. Started adding coral and fish March 10th 2006. If you do convert, do not skimp on lights or a protein skimmer. I have upgraded a bizzillion times on lights. Buy a RO unit too!
I did make the mistake of buying my 9 yr old seahorses. They have to be fed atleast 2 times a day by hand. These two have been alive in my 20 g for 9 months.
Mc
Thanks I have a wonderful system on my 75 which is saltwater. Yes I would
get the good stuff for sure. I'm just not sure if I'm ready or if I want to give up
the serverums. They will start fighting though as they get bigger so I will see.
I could convert the 55 and put the severum parents downstairs in the 125 lol.
It's a big decision. I have had all the freshwater fish for at least five years
or more so am sort of ready for a change. Thanks for the advice. Do share
more pictures. Do you think your searhorses will breed? I know they can
be difficult and a lot of work. They are beautiful though. Take good care.
Truly stunning it's almost like a work of art. :happyfish

grumpygils

Billy,
Here is the PIC. I can not size it right so it is smooshed.
Mc
New PIC May 07. 17 months old

jhuggins

wow, that tank is great. I can't wait until mine gets that full. It looks like you could use an upgrade.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by jhuggins
wow, that tank is great. I can't wait until mine gets that full. It looks like you could use an upgrade.
With 5 reef tanks going, I have forwarded your request to my wife!
Mc

T

tiberius

Wow!! Congratulations on such a beautiful tank!!!

805puffer

in the very 1st picture on the top left,is it a cup coral? thanks. oh and that tank looks really nice. good job

M

masoninnc

I have seen this tank in person...........the pics do not do it justice. Amazing tank Grumpy. I have trouble maintaining my one tank and Grumpygils has numerous tanks (all of equal quality).
How about some pics of the other ones.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Farslayer
Is that a tube anemone in there?
Yes that is a tube anenome and if you are considering one, It needs 6-8 inches from other corals. It stung my tongue coral and the tongue blew up to a basketball! I am looking for a neon orange one now. Yes that is a pagoda cup coral. It was one of the first corals I bought and it was dyed dayglo yellow. I didn't know then that corals could be dyed. Newbie. It is now faded, but healthy and has two green montis growing in the middle of it. Here are some old pics of other tanks. As a reminder of how stupid I was, I included my first tank, first week, with fake coral. Never cycled it and lost all fish and the token gonapora. LFS (i don't go to anymore) sold me everything in there at one shot. Hence started the long and tattered trail of tears and lost money until I found this site!
Mc

farslayer

Actually I was going to get a tube anemone, but was told they will eat fish if they get close enough. The anemone was like $20, so I wasn't getting one only to have it possibly feed on my gobies :) Have you had any other issues with it, save for the coral stings? I think they're gorgeous, but too risky for me.

kirkland

Bea-u-tiful! I love it! Wish I could see video. Lol! Is it a 92 gallon corner/bow front tank? That's what we just got slightly used from LFS. We wanted new but they don't make all glass doesn't make those anymore. I can't wait to have corals that hopefully look like yours!

kirkland

What is the bright blue thing in the lower left hand corner? Looks like a feather duster but it's so blue and so bright!