92gal fish only corner tank ?

bryan01601

I am planning on moving in the next couple of weeks. I am contemplating taking this oportunity to upgrade. My wife mentioned she would love a tank in the corner of our living room (no problem ! :) ) I told her about the 92 gallon and she loved the idea. As for what I would be upgrading from and the type of fish I have now. It is a 75g w/modern stand and canopy, I have a Amiricale sl250 with a quite one pump. Then I have three stages of the lifeguard system mechanical, Heater, UV 8watt. In the Sl250 I have a prizm Skimmer. 60 lbs of rock. I plan on using the same filtration. For fish I have the following
Yellow Tang
Emporer angel (juvi)
Bicolor angel
Percula clown
Vegabond butterfly
Questions:
What are your opinoins on the corner tank?
Could I Increase the amount of Fish on the 92?
Would this filtration be sufficent?

cveach

Your current setup sounds great.... for now. Your emperor is going to need more room and the 92 would be just great. You could probably get away with one more tang like a Hippo Regal in the 92 although I recomend jusing a large 30-40gal. sump. Increase your LR to about 100lbs. The Prizim is a great skimmer BUT your gona need alittle more power to cut through that much water, I recomend adding a 2nd Prizm. Two hang on units would be a great way to ensure proper skimming. Look into setting up a Berlin or a Plenum system for your tank as well. Good Luck, I hope that helps you out.

S

slk3599

I checked out the 92 corner tank before I went with the bowfront. Just make sure all the equipment you have will fit underneath it. It's a very odd shape and not much room underneath.
You can probably get away with another tang if it isn't in the same family as the Yellow (ie different body shape)
You will probably have to upgrade the skimmer though. The Prizm is too small for a 92 gallon tank. IMO
As long as it's a fish only tank, you can use the standard lighting that comes with the tank, so you'll have no problems there.
Good luck, it is a really beautiful tank.

bryan01601

Thanks all, I really apreciate the input. I am going to order the tank today !!!! I will definatly plan on upgrading my skimmer this summer.
hmmm now what should I do with the 75 gallon :cool:

kappadoku

A 92 gallon corner? Youll need something for airation. I dont like corner tanks for that reason, not enough surface area for good exchange. And a 92 gallon definatly would not. Its probably around 30 Inches deep? Look into alternate methods of airation.

bryan01601

24" DEEP THE SUFACE AREA IS 912 SQ IN AND MY 75 IS 800 SQ IN. WOULDN'T MY SKIMMER KEEP IT WELL AIRATED ??

dr. jay

Hi BRYAN01601
I actually just upgraded mine to a 92 gallon corner (from the 54 gallon corner) it is beautiful. I wish you the best of luck.

S

slk3599

Bryan,
The skimmer won't put enough oxygen into that tank. Plan on getting 2 powerheads at least to break the surface of the water.