93 gallon cube

So I've been thinking about upgrading my tank recently and I went into my LFS and saw this beautiful tank. It's a Marineland 93 gallon glass cube tank. It comes with the top and wooden stand. They said it is Reef Ready (not sure what that means, but they said it doesn't need an extra skimmer or filter) and they are quoting me $732 for everything. Is this a good deal? And does anyone know much about this tank? It's shaped like a cube and the dimensions are 30x30x24. I really want something unique.

stanlalee

thats a good deal but I'd lose the top and hang a penant or fixture if you want to stay with trendy (cubes, rimless, T5s ect). Reef ready means it has a built in overflow so you wont have to drill it or use a hang on overflow box. You'll still need a sump/skimmer. they'll probably try to sell you the marineland sump with marineland skimmer and marineland maxijet return pump. I know all thats not included for that price. the quality is as good as off the shelf Oceanic aquariums. good.

J

jetskiking

WOW, I just looked that tank up. Its a very nice size and I'm a sucker for cubes. Oceanic makes really nice aquariums. They typically use thicker glass and I also like their frames.

yeah I'm starting to rethink this, because I do want tangs. I may opt for another tank. although i really like this cube
Anyone have any good suggestions?

Marine Land has the Deep Dimension tanks the 150g is 36x36x27 little bigger than the cube but bigger is better,haha, at least in water volume. I personnly like these deep dimension tanks, they come in starphire or standard glass, and have i nice( well though) matching stand/canaopy avail. but well cost will be higher.

Originally Posted by mkroher
http:///forum/post/3126435
yup...
Wow that's really really nice, but I still have to convince my husband that we need a bigger one
anyway lol. But I will keep you in mind. Around how much are you looking to sell it for? If you don't want to post on here, you could send me a message too.