a branch of my hammer coral died can it grow back?

sac10918

Is there no tissue left in the branch at all? If so, I am pretty sure that it can't grow back. I might be wrong, but I have never heard of them growing back.
I think you can break the dead heads away and just have the live heads if you prefer not to have the dead ones in your tank.

sh2000

What causes them to die I had originally 5 heads for my branching hammer coral and they went from the size of a quater to a baseball in 4 months under good MH's but I lost 2 heads recently no change in params ? so I broke off the dead heads and I have 2 Heads huge in one area and 1 head in another area...I just do not know why the 2 heads died.

sac10918

Hmmmm
I am not sure why you would lost two heads for what sounds like no apparent reason...
Maybe an expert can help!

hefner413

dude, I wouldn't break it off yet. I got a good deal on an anchor coral a while back (similar to the hammer). It was cheap b/c one arm was just a skeleton. After about 2-3 months, all of a sudden a few buds started popping out of the dead arm! AND this thing had absolutely NO tissue in it prior to me getting it. Now the previous dead skeleton is full and almost as big as the other arm...