a couple of light questions.....**clueless**

microman2k

ok i am watning to upgrade my lights on my 55...i was looking on ---- b/c i do not want to spend that much money on lights b/c i already have a decent light system on my 29....but anywaz...i found this on ----:
Edit: ---- link was in violation of forum policy
what is it? it seems pretty cool and its only $100 compared to the $200 it would cost to get a Coralife fixture....and also...
i am really interested in moonlights.....whats better for the output intesity? 4000MCD or 8000MCD?
:confused: :notsure: :confused: :notsure: :confused: :notsure: :confused: :notsure:

fishguy_40

that is a 2X65w light with whatever for moon lights. if you are intending to buy a light for a reef setup, id shoot for a 4X65w light. i had one on my old 55gal for a couple years and had good success with everything short of clams.

smarls

It would help to know what you already have as lighting before giving an opinion.
it also depends on what you want to keep for corals...as that really determines what your lighting should be.
Stewart

E

eaglefan

what kind of corals are u looking for, I went retro kit with my 110 and bought 440 watt vho system for just 50.00 more than the pc fixture cost.

jobob

i would look at 4x65 atleast i got 4x55 and 2x65 on my 55. i just put on the 2x65 last mon and wow what a difference!!!! if u dont wana spend that much money look at the odyssea 4x65 on ---- i hear their pretty good, for the price!!!

electrocuted

I agree with Eaglefan. Get yourself and Icecap ballast and convert over some NO lights into VHO. My tank took off after I did.