A death in the family

I know I haven't been on in awhile (the Internet on my computer has gone out), but I was so upset about my poor fish I had to write the only people who wouldn't think me crazy to be upset over a dead fish. The night before last, my albino Oscar, Sleepy, decided to go carpet-surfing. He didn't survive. He was a great fish and was over 6 inches long at the time of his passing. It upsets me so much to see him go... I think there may be something wrong with that tank because, so far, my Tiger Oscar has jumped out of it, my sucker jumped out of it, and now my Albino Oscar. :confused: :( SO sad. Thanx for listening guys.

cb

Do you have a top on the tank? Cichlids are jumpers. I had a top on mine with about an inch opening in the back for the filter tube and one of mine took a dive to the floor luckily I was in the room at the time and put it right back in the tank. I am sorry for your loss:( alot of fish have great personalities and we become very attached.

S

sinner's girl

Did you let your fish watch Finding Nemo?
Sorry about your lose, I get upset to when I lose a fish, esp if I don't know why I lost it. Test your water to rule that out, and cover the tank, they make things that will go around the filters so there isn't space there....

beaslbob

Jullian: sorry about your loss. Oscars especailly have really greate personalities.
I sometimes put window screening material on my open top tanks. Prevents fish from jumping out.

krunk

melody, heh, oscars are FW fish. Sorry for the loss, Mine too, went carpet surfing, but luckily it woke up and i was able too out him back in the tank. But what i did was got wire like on the screen doors, and put them aroudn the openings, no fish has gotten out yet - try that.

the claw

Soooo Krunk, what's your point. Ammonia 0, Nitrates 0, specific gravity 1.000 or 1.001. ;)
Sorry to hear about your pet. It's funny how attached we get.
Definately cover your tank.

killafins

krunk, i think she might have just done that from nature... sometimes you just type those questions without thinking... (we've alld one it before)
JIllian, I'm very sorry for your loss... I wish I could change things but I can't. I am very attached to my fish to and it's like losing everything when i see a friend die.
I say we all give her an internet hug....
I know is a horrible feeling but at least it wasn't something you did...
best of luck in the future,
Erik

lionstorm

sorry about your loss :( i recently lost my favorite fw koi without reason and it was awful, i love the other fish too but its hard looking at the tank and seeing that empty spot your fish left :(