a dumb question

anubix00

how can i organize my rocks to make them look like they fell in the tank? everytime i do it it always looks like i TRIED to make it look like that. and yes i know this is a dumb question.

fishdreams

Try making nooks and caves or even channels, that should give it that look you want, unless you have already tried that.
HTH.

T

tizzo

With mine I put in the larges pieces first, at random. Then I filled in the gaps with the medium rocks, then put the smallest ones in the spaces that still had gaps. I did the horseshoe formation. l--___--l With the lowest part in the center, kinda like that make-shift srawing.

doodle1800

When I did mine - I took every rock out trying to rid a velvet damsel. After that I was so fed up with trying to catch him, I put all my rock in with zero thought, not being stupid by balancing anything, but who cares where they are for now attitude. So - don't think so much about it maybe - try it - just put stuff in quickly and see what happens. I haven't moved my rocks since.
ps... your question is dumb because you should have put what the real question was - so when people do a search, they don't look for "dumb" questions. right? :joy:

T

thomas712

Take a look in our photography forum at some of the tanks that these folks have posted for ideas.