a few more pics of my 55g(ive added something new)hmmmmm

ophiura

Originally Posted by glnzoffun
Any online sites that you can recommend? BY the way, what types of anemones do you have? And, do you know what type of corals you can keep?
Please do not request links to other stores. It is a violation of the terms of use.

ophiura

I would really SLOW DOWN on adding more fish. Impatience kills more fish and costs more money than anything else. :nope: I really can't emphasize the "patience" part enough. You already have had an outbreak of ick which was a warning sign.
And the anemones- or any corals- are a very poor addition to tank with large, aggressive eaters. Water quality is critical and big eaters tend to mean less ideal water quality. While same may try a trigger in a reef, you do not see large puffers and large wrasse (the lunare) in most. IMO, you are maxed out in that tank with those fish.
People aren't telling you to slow down or stop adding certain things because they want to annoy you. People actually are trying to give you sound advice :yes:
Finally, to those reading....collecting of LR in many states is illegal
as it is in most of the state of Florida. I don't recommend it. :nope:

philgmiami

Originally Posted by ophiura
I would really SLOW DOWN on adding more fish. Impatience kills more fish and costs more money than anything else. :nope: I really can't emphasize the "patience" part enough. You already have had an outbreak of ick which was a warning sign.
And the anemones- or any corals- are a very poor addition to tank with large, aggressive eaters. Water quality is critical and big eaters tend to mean less ideal water quality. While same may try a trigger in a reef, you do not see large puffers and large wrasse (the lunare) in most. IMO, you are maxed out in that tank with those fish.
People aren't telling you to slow down or stop adding certain things because they want to annoy you. People actually are trying to give you sound advice :yes:
I TRADED THE WRASSE IN FOR A LIL PUFFER.. I ONLY HAVE 2 FISH..NIGAR AND PUFFER..THANKS FOR YOUR INFO
IM GETN MY 125 LONG IN 4 WEEKS.I LIKE COLORFULL FISH(NO BROWNS)HOW MANY FISH CAN I PUT IN A 125 LONG AND WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL ALL GO TOGETHER?

S

sensesfail

Originally Posted by philgmiami
from the ocean about 3 months ago. i used a pressure washer on them and cured them in freshwater for about 3 weeks to kill anything on them..there already growing coriline on them
there not so big in person, its just the angel of the pic
I thought it was illegal to take rocks from the ocean or atleast it is where i live. I think its because were trying to set up artificial reefs or something of that sort. The hurricanes keep messing them up though.

vanos

Originally Posted by ophiura
Take it easy and if he wants to collect liverock from the ocean let the guy do what he wants and not to lecture him if it's illegal. If I lived near the ocean, I would do the same thing to save money. He only has 2 fish in there and let him have some anemones.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Vanos
Take it easy and if he wants to collect liverock from the ocean let the guy do what he wants and not to lecture him if it's illegal. If I lived near the ocean, I would do the same thing to save money. He only has 2 fish in there and let him have some anemones.
THANK YOU

airforceb2

Originally Posted by Vanos
But the boards are here for informational use. She was merely advising him of legal activity and personal experience. I used to live in CA and the penalty was HUGE for disrupting the cold-water reef.
We are all here to give our opinions and ideas. If people don't like the ideas expressed, skip over them and read other threads.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by airforceb2
But the boards are here for informational use. She was merely advising him of legal activity and personal experience. I used to live in CA and the penalty was HUGE for disrupting the cold-water reef.
We are all here to give our opinions and ideas. If people don't like the ideas expressed, skip over them and read other threads.
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i got the rocks about 4 feet from the sea wall.. not in the ocean from the reef

fishieness

accordeing to homer simson....no....
according to the law..... yes.....
i do wish that i was able to do taht though..... buuut if live in CT, dont know if it is legal, everything is coldwater so probably not much that i bring up will survive, and i dont want to add any forgein pathagens.
oh yeah... and id have to go to RI because i would NOT put anything from long island sounds in my tank!