A few photos...

yosemite sam

My tank crashed in a power outage back in July, and I lost a lot of really nice corals, many that I had grown from little frags. It was hard looking at my tank, and seeing all the empty space, but I've been slowly rebuilding. Here are a few shots I thought I'd share. The first two are some of the survivors that have recovered and colored back up, and the others are some of the more recent additions.

zoie2

My tank crashed in July too. I thought my candy cane shrimp had shed so I took the skin and threw it out. Had I known he had died and not shed I would have immediately done a water change, I only have a 12 gal so something like that is huge. Anyway, I too am just starting to "Rebuild". I lost my favorite coral, it was a sun coral. I miss it.
Good luck with your tank and your new corals. They are beautiful!!

seannmelly

Very nice!! Where in NY do you live? The same also happened to me in June during the flooding, just curious.
Melly

yosemite sam

Thanks everyone. Melly, I live in the city, and had some power problems when it got really hot at the end of July. Here's a full tank shot. It's not what it was, but it's getting there.

nm reef

Nice photos!!!

Mine has been in sad shape for a while too....slowly starting to rebound. Trouble started back in January when I had rotator cuff surgury and the following 5 months of rehab to get it working right again.....
...sorry to hear of the trouble you've had with yours but it looks like its doing well....nice to visit with ya again...been a long time.

yosemite sam

Hey NM, good to hear from you. I hope your shoulder is on the mend, and your tank is shaping back up, too. Looking forward to seeing some more of your photos soon. ***)

yosemite sam

Thanks Murph. It's an ORA tort. A friend of mine in the city has a huge colony, and is very generous with the frags. I lost about a 9" colony when my tank crashed, which was really crushing to see, but hopefully this one will grow as well as the old one.

murph145

yeah that does suck but that is a very nice frag wish i had some in my tank
but anyways good job on the come back!