A few pics from tonight

robchuck

I'm not a very good photographer, but the sweeper tenticles on my galaxea inspired me to get the camera out and take some shots tonight.

robchuck

Here is a shot of my galaxea with it's sweepers out. This piece is a little larger than golfball size and the sweepers were out about 4-5".

robchuck

Blue ricordea in my 29g (don't mind the bryopsis in the background; that's a big reason why I'm going BB on the next tank)

robchuck

Basketball sized Frogspawn sitting in one of the 100g tubs awaiting the completion of the 300g setup.

robchuck

Clownfish in anemone in the other 100g tub during their first "date". (This is the first clown/anemone pairing I've ever had!!!)

robchuck

Blasto??? One of the polyps right in the middle of the colony was damaged during transportation last week; that's why there's a big section of white in the middle of the photo.

bailey52

NICE PICS.. what do you mean by "BB"? Also, what kind of tubs are you using that are 100g? What type of lights do you have on the tubs?

robchuck

Originally posted by Bailey52
NICE PICS.. what do you mean by "BB"? Also, what kind of tubs are you using that are 100g? What type of lights do you have on the tubs?

BB=barebottom tank.
I'm using two 100g Rubbermaid agriculture stock tanks that I picked up from Tractor Supply Company. The tubs each have a MH light over them.
Here is a picture of how they're setup, along with the 29g in the background.

wax32

Hey Rob, about how much those 100G tubs set you back? I'm looking into getting one for a outdoor goldfish pond for my wife. :D

robchuck

They were about $60 a piece for the 100g tubs. TSC had 150g tubs for a little over $100 and 300g tubs, but I can't remember how much they were.

S

spike_501

i love your ricordea! how often do they reproduce? i keep asking people but they never answer!

robchuck

Originally posted by spike_501
i love your ricordea! how often do they reproduce? i keep asking people but they never answer!

I picked that colony up in January of 2004 as three polyps (two of the polyps had two mouths on them). As of today, I now have seven polyps, and most of them have multiple mouths.