A Few Questions

I have a few questions..
1. If I have a 24 inch tall tank with a 96 watt power compact on it (with 4 tubes), What is the level of light at the botten? (low, medium, high)
2. Could I put an elegance coral on the botten of a tank if I have a sand sifting goby?
3. Do elabi angelfish (spelling?) eat sponges?
4. Would it be safe to put a group of peppermint shrimp in a tank with a hawkfish and a cardial?
5. Could I put any kind of clam in a tank with lighting like what is said on question one?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by turtlegirl933
http:///forum/post/2553222
I have a few questions..
1. If I have a 24 inch tall tank with a 96 watt power compact on it (with 4 tubes), What is the level of light at the botten? (low, medium, high)Low to very low
2. Could I put an elegance coral on the botten of a tank if I have a sand sifting goby?If'y maybe maybe not
3. Do elabi angelfish (spelling?) eat sponges? I dont know enough about them to give an acurate answer.
4. Would it be safe to put a group of peppermint shrimp in a tank with a hawkfish and a cardial? maybe for a while if they are small, but as they get bigger most likley there will be issues.
Answers in red... hope it helps.

C

cmaxwell39

As far as your lighting could you clarify a little. Are you saying that you have a 3 foot long 24" deep tank that has 4 96 watt power compact bulbs (384 watts)? Or are you saying that you have a 24" deep tank that only has 96 total watts on it?
As far as the eibli angel it will be hit and miss. I don't know for sure if they eat sponges, but I had one for a while and while I had him I didn't have any of the tiny hitchhiker feather dusters that were in the tank when he went in. He also picked at zoos almost constantly. Finally tore the tank down to get rid of him and every coral in the tank started looking better so obviously he was picking on more than just the zoos.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2555109
It still doesnt meant that their intensity is strong enough to reach the bottom of your tank. I still say low to very low.
I agree with PerfectDark on this one, and I run PC light on several tanks. I can keep softies like mushrooms and GSP on the bottom of my 65 (24 inches tall), but I wouldn't attempt to keep any LPS corals on the sandbed. I did keep a red open brain successfully in my 12" deep tank under the same wattage you've got ~ so I would say any LPS needs to be up towards the top.