A friday Sixpack!

spsfreak100

Here's some pictures that I took of Pierce's tank, which I would like to show off:

And finally, a full tank shot:

Looks like gregr now has some competition ;)
Graham

sundance

Hey, great pictures, could you give the details, the camera your using, ISO setting, white balance (if digital) and so on? Also how long has your tank been up, it looks great too. I'm only two months into my reef tank (my first) and I'm have a blast setting it up and just enjoying the heck out of it.
Sundance

nm reef

Excellant camera work graham!
The pics of the tangs are just outstanding.
I've seen pics of that system before...one of the truely sweet reefs out there.:cool:

spsfreak100

sundance,
I'm using a Sony Cybershot F707, 5.0 MP with Macro mode on, no zoom.
Roland,
Was that you who traded the clowntang for his Blue tort colony? His clowntang was shy and didn't want to come out too often for pictures. Of course, when I went in the other room he decides to come out :D
The Claw,
His username on other places is cali_reef.
AaronW78, attml, NM reef, ReefNut:
Thanks a lot for the great comments!
Graham

spsfreak100

flamingkingofhe,
Thanks!
I apologize, as I forgot one picture. Here's the manderin. I got some excellent timing on this one!
Graham

spsfreak100

Roland,
I never use flash for any of my photography, except for odd ocations. All the pictures above were taken without flash.
I actually just gave him the Clown Tang and Pierce was generous enough to offer the Tort!
Wow, that was nice of him! Tell me if you plan on fragging it, it's quite a big peice...it might not fit in your crowded tank ;) You may need to break off a branch or two to be able to wedge it in that great spot in the middle of your tank! :D
Thanks for the cerealis! I've been looking for some Cerealis's for awhile, but I haven't been able to come by too many for some reason.
Graham

jonthefb

great photography work there grahm and tell him (which he prob knows already ) but his tank is fan freakin tastic!
good luck
jon

spsfreak100

You'll have to bring your camera to Dave's swap and show me your techniques.
I'll definitaly bring my camera. What model do you have?
About the blue tort, Pierce is suppose to take a large frag off of it before he gives it to me and if there is a decent fraggable piece off of it, I'll bring it to the swap for you.
Wow, thanks Roland! Just make sure, before you put it in your tank, to watch for the red bugs. All of the frags I've gotten from Pierce have thousands of red bugs on them. Even the greens, blues, etc.
Carole, Melody, Jon:
Thanks for the comments!
SteelChromis,
Try turning the flash off and ajusting the white balance before taking your pictures. Unless you're taking a full tank shot, put the camera on Macro Mode. Focusing is always important to get a clear shot of the subject :)
Graham

krowleey

god that tank is just amazing, that is exactly what i am going for too in due time. great job Grahmn great work!!!!!!!!!

spsfreak100

Originally posted by krowleey
what size of a tank is that anyways?

Thanks! I think it's a 150 gallon tank.
Graham

spsfreak100

Hmm...I've never bothered dipping anything he's given me cause they've always looked so healthy. He also has a beautiful purple nana that I picked up from him.
He didn't offer me any frags of his Purple corals becuase he said that most were completely taken over with red bugs. But, his corals do show great growth and all have great coloration. Since red bugs have never been proven to be parasitic, these amphipods could possibly be eating away at the mucus given off by certain species of coral. Either way, I've gotten the most growth from his frags than anyone elses.
Btw, you forgot to mention what you picked up from him?
I picked up a greenish brown stag (A. nobilis?) and another type of grey/blue stag. He said it was a formosa, but the coralite stucture doesn't really compare. Here's a picture of the Greenish brown stag: