A good price for lights?

surfnturf

I've looked at that site before, I've never seen better pricing anywhere. Incredibly good pricing, I think you are perfectly safe getting a system from them, never heard a bad thing about them and if their merchandise were inferior you would hear about it.

smalltimer

Sounds like good deal, but I would only go with Custom Sea Life Compacts, I have 4 and they are the best available...just look at the email I recieved from a question about actinics....
Thanks for writing. There is a lot of confusion as to the term "actinic" and the differences between the spectral output between different types of bulbs. The term "actinic" refers to a spectrum that is maximized in the blue end of the spectrum. The term "true" was actually connected with the first high output bulbs that utilized special gases and phosphors to create a light that peaked at a very low wavelength, giving it a purple/blue appearance. This light was valuable due to its ability to penetrate deep into the aquarium as well as into the tissues of the organisms. The aesthetics of the aquarium were also improved over the harsher yellow lights that had previously been used. The term 03 is also synonymous with the word "true" and both generally refer to an actinic bulb that peaks in the 420-430 nanometer range. Our actinic peaks around 460 nanometers. This is also the range where photosynthesis is activated.
Our bulbs are not "painted" and utilize a special gas mixture combined with rare earth phosphors to create the actinic wavelength. Many years ago a competitor used this statement to scare people from purchasing our lights, but unfortunately rumors stick. Our bulbs, while different then the VHO actinics, will give a more natural look to the aquarium, as our bulbs simulate the natural environment.
If you have any more questions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Wesley Brooks
Customer Support
www.customsealife.com

[hr]
Original Message

[hr]
To: comments@customsealife.com
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 7:28 PM
Subject: 65 watt pc
Does the power compact actinic, actually put out the true actinic spectrum. I have heard both answers, yes and no. Some say the p.c. actinic, is only a blue pc bulb, but that the normal or vho actinic is true to the spectrum. Please help me out, I am adding a 250 mh 10,000 k to my tank in place of 65 watt custom sealife 10,000 k and 2 n.o. 20 watt actinic. I need to know for the sake of my 55 gallon cube reef if the p.c. or for now the normal output actinic would be best. I do plan on upgrading to vho on the actinic if you tell me the regular actinic is the true, and pc is not as true. Oh, how much intensity, does a 65 watt p.c. compare to a 75 watt vho. Is a pc 2x at the same rated wattage in output and wattage is used as power consumption rating or what, I am confused there or is it watt for watt.
Thanks,
Brian