A good quality, quiet pump?

escape2thewater

What brand pump would fit this description? I have been running mag drive pumps for 2 years but they are very noisy! I am planning on doing some upgrades next year when I move so who makes a good quality pump that is also quiet?
Thanks,
Escape
:happyfish

thegrog

Been using a Quiet One pump for a return on my 125 and am very happy with it. Comparable in price to mag pumps, but much quieter.

jamiehag

Yes I run 2 queit one 3000 pumps on my 210 reef very queit can't here them under the stand even. But I enclosed the sump portion and sprayed Queit Kote on the inside of the stand also.

lennon

Originally Posted by jamiehag
Yes I run 2 queit one 3000 pumps on my 210 reef very queit can't here them under the stand even. But I enclosed the sump portion and sprayed Queit Kote on the inside of the stand also.

What is quiet kote??
Sounds interesting.

tree

Quiet Kote is a material that comes in a spray can. Originally made for automotive and marine use. You can find it in many auto parts stores or online

jamiehag

Originally Posted by funkyman
What's Quiet Kote, and where can you get it?
:thinking:
The cheapest place to get it is on e b a y do a search it is basically the same thing as Dynamat sound dampening just a differnt brand and cheaper.

bwilson

If you have a chiller you can run the T4 (or P4 Posiden) they are very quiet but will heat your tank over other pumps however you will never hear them.
BW

bdubbya

How big of a tank are we talking about? Are you looking for an external or submersible pump? For external pumps I recommed an Iwaki, blueline, or little giant. I don't have much experience with submersibles, but I hear oceanrunner pumps run quietly. What size mag pump are you running?